So. Here's a recap of our awesome trip. I didn't take that many pics, I guess I was distracted by the fact that I was in a sunny paradise other than UT. You can't blame me.
Saturday - It was pouring rain, so what else do people do on a rainy Hawaiian day? Well, I just posted about it below. Twilight. Love it.
Sunday - Went to Church, (Rach - send me family pics!) Then the sun came out and we were really worried it would never come out again that week, so we all went to the beach. It was amazing.
Monday - We all went on a road trip to the north side of the island, to Hanalei and Tunnel's Beach. Tunnel's has fabulous snorkeling, usually, although this time around wasn't as impressive. I do love the views up there. It's beautiful.
We also stopped by this cool waterfall on the east side of the island. I took a few pics here.
Awww, Ashton. Too cute.
Price's hair is amazing, I thought I would show you.
Tuesday - Today we went to the beach down in Poipu, where we were staying. My parents, Bart, and I went on a 'nature' walk and took these beautiful pics in the morning when it was slightly overcast. I just love this island. It's sooo beautiful.
Wednesday - We went on a real 'Holt' hike up in the middle of the island. We call it the paper-bark hike because it has these really pretty trees that have soft bark you can peel off like paper. It's so cool.
La and her cute family. They were troopers hiking in the rain. It was coming down pretty steady for the first little while and it took Avery about 20 mins to get used to the fact that she had to walk it mud. It was adorable to see her hike. She is just sooo cute.
Rachel is such a dork. :) She always steals my camera and makes the weirdest faces.
Thursday - Puking all day long. I HATE food poisoning. I HATE Keoki's restaurant!!! Wait, Thursday was Thanksgiving? I had no idea?! Oh yah, I remember now, the rest of my family went to Roy's while Rachel, Price, and I stayed home throwing-up sick. Awesome.
Friday - Despite the fact that I was still recovering, I was determined to get out and get some sun!! I went to the beach and got a little burned. It feels great now! I don't think I've had sun like that for over 4 years.
Overall, it was the nicest, most needed, amazing vacation I've had since Bart and I lived there after we got married. I had such a blast and my family was awesome. My parent's are the best!! I love you Dad! I'm glad he could really enjoy it to without work on his mind. That was probably a first in a ridiculously long time.
I LOVE HAWAII!!!!
5 comments:
Meems I am offended you didn't mention the Senior Trip to Waikiki...wasn't that relaxing? HA! Remember booger and terd (aka Rave 4s).
i sent you all the pics to your gmail account. enjoi
I am so jealous!! i love Hawaii!! That stinks about getting sick good thing it only had you down for a day.
I love snorkeling at Tunnel's - at least when it's the right time of year for it (it's usually better there in the summer). It sounds like you had so much fun, minus getting sick. I hope all's going well with you guys.
love all the pictures! how fun- sorry bout the food poisoning though. and i think rachel's hilarious- i died laughing at that picture. hilarious.
Post a Comment