Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 'Break'

I know we're not in school anymore, but the past week has been a slow and relaxed, much needed, vacation. We went up to stay at my parent's house in Huntsville and just kicked back for a few days enjoying the snow and good food.

Christmas Eve was fun, we went out to the Nutcracker with the family continuing the longstanding tradition. I love the ballet and this year, the SLC ballet did something a little different by adding in funny, sometimes overboard, antics to the show. My sister wrote a summary here, I was probably the least offended person in my family, but there were still some things that were just way too over the top! I thought most of it was funny, but they should have toned it down a little, and maybe warned people ahead of time that they were doing it.


Christmas was lovely and really pleasant. We had a low-key morning with pancakes and opening presents. Later that night we did hooky-bobbing (or Ricky-bobbing as we like to call it) around the town streets. This is such a fun red-neck past-time, you have to try it some time in your life. Bart drove around the snowy streets on the four-wheeler while towing us on a tube. It was soo much fun.

With so much free time, Bart had to do something productive, so he decided to build a drop-in ramp for the backyard. It's freakin' huge and steep, so Bart and Price can get a lot of speed coming off of it. They put the rail he built a little ways down from it too, so now the backyard resembles a mini snowboard 'park'. Classic Bart.

(the picture makes it look small, but look at Price and you'll get some perspective on how tall it really is!)
We loved our little vaca so much, we'll be doing it again this weekend too for New Years!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meriel, you are beautiful. And that ramp is ridiculous and awesome.

Rachel U said...

is price wearing a flannel? weird...

andrea white said...

Meriel! hey (its andrea white) i found your blog through laurels. anyway it seems like you had a great christmas. but question, do you make all that amazing stuff on the left? like the yoga mat bag? and placemats? they're beautiful!

Meriel Frandsen said...

Andrea! So good to hear from you. I did have a nice Christmas, I hope you had a great one too! I did make those things off to the side of my blog. I put them up there just in case someone wants to buy them. I haven't started an etsy, so this is how I 'advertize'. ;)

Hope you are doing well!
Meriel