Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmastime in the City

Hello!! I am in beautiful NYC this weekend and I just wanted to do a quick post about my fun time so far. I'm out here for work, but once again, scheduled myself so that I could spend some time with my sister and her family. Yesterday I went and did my typical Soho, Broadway, Canal street shopping that I love to hit up every time I come. I had lunch at Il Coraillo by myself, always a pleasure, and got to walk the streets and remember how much I love this city.

Laurel, Brad, and I got to go out sans children for dinner, so we went up to Harlem for a little chicken and waffles at Amy Ruth's. So fun and such a fabulous combination despite what you're thinking.

And yes, that is half a fried chicken on top of a waffle. It was sooo good.

We went to Bryant Park to ice skate, but the rink was so packed we just watched and did a little shopping in the surrounding booths.



**My new favorite shop in NYC is Fish's Eddy. If you ever have the time to stop by there, you definitely should. I was absolutely loving everything in there. It was soooo cute! I love these apartment floor plan dishes!

6 comments:

Brittany Simmons said...

NYC at Christmas time is so magical!

beck said...

That is so fun that you get to do those fun things with your sister in nyc! i love it!

ANDREA said...

oh my gosh that looks so fun! but im a little skeptical of the waffle and chicken thing. but i guess the waffle doesnt have PB and syrup on it- so maybe it'd just be like chicken and some type of bread. so maybe not so bad.

Rachel U said...

STOPPPPP having fun without me. thats against the rules of sisterhood!! you guys look super cute! miss you!

Kim said...

I've never had chicken and waffles but I've heard that it's an amazing combo. The floor plan dishes are to die for....you always find the posh shopping spots! Have a good time!! Love you!

Brittany Simmons said...

i know i already posted, but i just have to say that i feel so bad for the guy who had to thread the tree with christmas lights....ours is like 1/20th the size of that, and i thought it was a pain!