Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Twilight...ahhhh

Yah, so is anyone else as satisfied with the movie as I am? My sisters, my mom, and even my little brother went with me on Saturday to see it in Lihue since there was nothing else to do on a rainy Hawaiian day. (Oh, did I mention we're in Hawaii? More posts to come on that!)

Much to my surprise, I thought that Bella and Edward did a fabulous job playing their parts. I mean, you could feel the tension between them and having read the first book twice, I could really see their thoughts through their facial expressions. My mom thought that maybe it wouldn't be a very good movie for someone who hadn't read the books, but honestly, I don't think the movie would have been as good had the director tried to tailor it to people who hadn't read them. It stuck soooo well to the story, I almost felt proud of the director, like I wanted to tell her "Good job. I'm so glad you didn't screw it up like we all thought you would."

How cute is he? Seriously. Needless to say, I LOVED it and I want to go see it again.

10 comments:

Rachel U said...

um yes. edward with his sunglasses on...MARRY ME.

The Evers said...

It is so good to finally see a good review! YES I loved it! I did not think I would enjoy it as much as I did! I totally thought Edward was fantastic, that was what I was most worried about! The only character I did not love was Rosalie. Did you like her? I guess I just pictured her different. Overall I loved it and want to see it again too! I want to go to Hawaii!!! LUCKY!

Allison said...

Mary and I saw it last night. I just loved it! I was worried too, but it was so perfect. The audience literally gasped every time a new character arrived on screen because it just fit so perfectly. One character I was disappointed with: Rosalie. She is supposed to be the most beautiful thing in the world?- NOT. I thought Alice was way hotter. ha.
Miss you Meems and our literacy obsessions!

Ryan and Christina said...

I am such a twilight fan and LOVED it as well! I wore a "vampire bite" tattoo to the opening night! ha ha ha

How are you guys! PS I have wanted a cleaning lady for years

Moranda said...

Meems- I have to say I was it was a win/win situation for me because I love the books almost as much as a love Catherine Hardwick as a director. I was not supportive of the movie until I heard Catherine was directing...she of course directed some of my all timme favorites: Lords of Dogtown, Thirteen, and The Nativity Story-they all have this raw, fantastical realism, which I know is a total contradiction in terms, but its the only way i can explain her style...needless to say I saw the movie for the second time last night and the expereicne only rippens with subsequent viewings, I assure you. my only gripe is that there were not enough makeout scenes!

Moranda said...

let's have a forum where we can discuss the current discourse of the franchise...aka call me! Just got in Park City today, will be here til sunday

Brittany Simmons said...

I too loved it. I went in expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. Sure sometimes the makeup jobs were bad or there were some cheesy moments, but overall- i liked it. I loved Bella, and loved Edward the more I got into the movie.

beck said...

i totally have not seen it yet! i just got back from a cruise so have been totally out of touch. i am so glad that it stuck to the story though. now i am even more excited!

Sophia said...

I loved it too! Such a great flick for all the reasons you mentioned... and Robert was surprisingly more attractive than I thought he would be as Edward.

Kathy said...

Glad to hear you loved it too! I can't stop thinking about this movie!