Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Best Decision... that I've made in a while!

Okay, I know that everything I say is alway 'the best', but seriously. I just hired my very first cleaning lady and it is the best decision I have made in sooo long. Ahhhh, I just am smiling looking around my clean house that she just deep cleaned for ~3 hours and it only cost me $75. Around here, it's hard to find a cheap and trustworthy service, and she did a fabulous job. When I clean, it takes me twice as long and I'm just exhausted afterwards and pissed I used my only free day of the week to get it done. Now, she comes while I work, (work upstairs that is) and it's all done in 3 hours. I'll only have her come once a month which is even better, 'cause Bart and I just don't make messes.

My new advice - If you and your spouse both work full time - HIRE someone to clean your house. I'm converted.

8 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds wonderful.

The Evers said...

That sounds fabulous! I am so jealous-seriously! Someday...
Good for you!

Sophia said...

Seriously brilliant! what a load off. I HATE "wasting" a whole day off cleaning too.

Brad Frandsen said...

I am too picky... I have my "way" to clean... wish I wasnt so OCD!

Lance and Becky said...

That's awesome, sounds good to me :)

Moranda said...

My goal is to hire a laundry fairy so I cold come home after work with a beautifully stocked and organized closet and an empty laundry basket!

Allison said...

Roomie and I have been battling with that idea. I want to hire a green-maid, but my issue is I can't be home when she comes. I love that you took a load off, you deserve it Meems!

Dallas and Krista said...

Welcome friends, welcome to my cleaning lady bliss. I only get mine about once a month now and I cherish that day like none other!