No one ever thinks this will happen more than once. You can excuse the first time as a fluke because 'it happens so much', 'lots of women lose it on the first try', 'you're body is learning', whatever reason makes you move on.
Grieving sucks, but at least this time it's cycling through faster.
1) & 2) Denial and Anger- Screaming, "Why?" through tears and sobs on the drive to the hospital.
3) Bargaining - I guess the above logic covers this one. I'm pretty sure the recovery process doesn't leave much room for 2nd chances. It was much worse the first time, thinking, 'oh, this isn't really happening, I'll stop bleeding and everything will be okay.' This time, not so much. I knew it was happening before the ultrasound.
4) & 5) Depression and Acceptance - I guess I'm sitting on the fence with these. Last time took months. I'd like to think I've already moved on to accept what's happened, but I guess it all depends on how long it takes for us to get pregnant again.
We'll see, I guess.
23 comments:
Meems,
I am so sorry! You and Bart are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!
Love,
Sarah
Meriel- I'm so sorry this happened to you again. That is so hard. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you guys!
Meems,
I just want to let you know how proud I am of you. I think it is so important that women are open and honest about what we all go through. What has happened to you is unimaginable to many, but it will be a comfort to others going through the same thing.
I love you guys and I am so sorry.
Stay Strong.
Oh Meriel, I'm so sorry. My thoughts and prayers will definitely be with you during this challenging time- no one deserves this.
Meriel,
I am so sorry to hear this. You really are an amazingly strong person to share this with everyone. I totally agree with Allie on this--it is so important that women can share and support each other through everything. You are an inspiration in your honesty. Please know that I am praying for you and Bart. And I know that you know this already, but God WILL provide for you, and even if we do not understand why certain things happen and others do not, God has your back and will carry you into more blessings than you knew were possible. You are surrounded by love!
Love, Mary
We love you guys so much and are so sorry you have had to experience this.
Meriel- it breaks my heart to hear this. I am so sorry. Rob and I are definitely praying for you guys. We love you!
Meriel,
I'm so sorry. I was so upset with the news. You'll be in our prayers and let us know if there is anything we can do for you guys.
Meriel,
I am so sorry to hear about this. Although I cannot understand what you are going through, my heart hurts for you. I admire your strength and courage and will keep you in my prayers.
I'm so sorry Meriel. I'll be praying for you & Bart.
Meriel - that is so hard. I am so sorry. i will keep you in my thoughts and send lots of love and positive thoughts your way. love you!
Becky
This is such a hard thing to go through! I just wanted you to know that you are not the only one. I have also experienced two miscarriages...the first time is heartbreaking, the second time is incomprehensible! It's been three years since my last one and I haven't been able to get pregnant again. It has been such a difficult experience, but through the struggle I have truly been able to learn and grow in ways I'd never imagined. I hope you can feel my love and support during your grieving...there is really nothing like losing a baby, and more than once! You're not alone.
Take care.
Hey Mer. I am so sorry, I did not know that you had miscarried a first time and to have it happen again must be a terrible thing to go through. It is hard to know the right things to say to friends when you can only imagine their pain. It is so hard to understand why things happen like they do sometimes, and that I can relate to. I really believe that the Lord knows and loves YOU, you will be blessed for being strong and an example to others. I love you and wish we were closer! I am so sorry for this loss, you will be in our prayers!
Oh my goodness, I am sooo soooo sorry! That is such an aweful thing to go through, keep your heads up...it will happen, and you guys will be fantastic parents. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers! Love, Becky
Meriel- I'm so sorry, I miscarried before I had Myles. I know how you feel, and its a hard time. I will be thinking of you and hope you stay strong!
Bart and Meems! Sorry, love you both.
We're so sorry to hear about this. We're thinking of you and praying for you!
Oh Meriel, I'm so sad to hear that you are having to go through this. Keep your chin up!
meems, i'm so sorry that you have to go through this again- please call me when you feel like it...i have so much to say that I can't type. Love you.
Meriel - We love you both! Your post was written with such reality, feeling and tenderness. I'm sorry you're going through this.
You can do hard things Mer! You amazing woman!
Love you Meems.
Whoops, the was Krista, not Dallas, don't be wierded out :)
Post a Comment