Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Donny, my man!

By random chance, Bart and I heard about a free concert today in Sugarhouse Park in SLC for Donovan Frankenreiter! It was so cool because it was fairly impromptu, I took a long lunch, and we met up to watch him and his buddy play some acoustic songs. It was a pretty small venue, like maybe ~80 people on picnic benches and blankets, so it was really fun to be so up close and personal. I even got up the guts to go talk to him before it started! I'll be honest, I was totally star struck because I never meet famous people, even if he is a low-profile famous guy. I told him that my husband and I watch all the Drive-Thru's and he was our favorite, we love his surfing style, and we're just huge fans. :) I feel like such a dork!

3 comments:

Rachel U said...

how fun meems! i wish i was there!!

beck said...

so i didn't even know who he was, but i just listened to one of his songs on youtube. love him! cool that you got to be there! I bet it was amazing!

Brittany Simmons said...

so fun- wish that we could see him play...and for free!