I was so sad when I found out on Sunday that President Hinckley died. I was sad that he won't be at conference anymore, that we won't wait with held breath for the cane wave as he walks into a room. I love hearing the stories from the elders about the funny and poignant conversations they've had with him over the years. He was always so to the point and it was refreshing, especially as a teenager growing up because there was no misunderstanding his counsel. I grew to love him so much and so I am sad that he has passed on. Obviously, I am happy that he can return to Heavenly Father and his lovely wife, but I'm sad that we won't see his face or hear his inspired words anymore.
I must say, I am very excited for President Monson, if and when he becomes Prophet. With his perfect memory and communication skills, his counsel and revelation will be so intense and relevant. He will be a great Prophet in these very crazy years ahead of us.
1 comment:
I distinctly remember one morning in seminary (totally random, I apologize) when we were discussing General Conference, you made the comment that it sounded as if Pres. Hinckley was saying goodbye during his final address, and I hadn't noticed that. And then I started noticing that at the end of every GC, it would sound like he was saying goodbye. We're so lucky that we had him for so many years and that we got a few more "goodbyes" out of him!
Post a Comment