Sunday, January 27, 2008

All-purpose-purse

So, I've been needing a purse lately that I can use for many different situations without it's shape becoming a hindrance. The lockers at our gym are too small to fit my larger every-day purse - and who really needs their blackberry at the gym anyway? Also, in an effort to be green I wanted a bag I could carry around for the stuff I pick up in my errands and such after work.

The solution is my all-purpose purse. I found a relatively simple pattern in the fabulous book, Amy Butler's In Stitches. (Thanks Cait!)
(Sorry no instructions for this guy, first I think it's not allowed since the pattern came from a copyrighted book and second, 'cause it's super long.)

What's great about this was that I was able to use 2 'fat quarters' you can get as pre-cut scraps from the fabric store. They always go on sale and I can snatch them up cheap and save them for a fun project like this! (I did use some extra muslin for the inside lining too.)

It folds up nice and small so that I can carry it in my normal purse for shopping or so that I can take just the essentials to the gym!

7 comments:

laurel said...

Um? Adorable!

Dawn said...

I agree. It is really cute! You are so creative, Meriel.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I love it. I need to try something like that. I love the fabrics too.

Kim said...

The fabric is so cute...great idea!!

cait said...

darling...so glad you like the amy butler book!

Jen and Gonzo said...

Wow, little Miss Creative...that is so cute. I love Amy Butler. Hope you guys are doing well. We are coming up in a few weeks and want to come see you guys!

Cathy said...

Awesome bag! It is dang cute!!
cath