Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MGFK and other things

Here are some things I am really grateful for right now.

1) My Girlfriend's Kitchen - It's a knock-off chain of Dream Dinners but it is sooo good. They have a store 15 min from my house and I have finally started using them. After the move I got so busy with the holidays, trying to put the house in order, and then trying to keep the house in order. Not to mention we both work full time and we're never here on the weekends. Needless to say we were eating out almost everyday and it wasn't doing wonders for our wallets or our waistlines. So in an effort to get back into the kitchen I ordered these pre-made, homemade, healthy dinners that are delicious and easy for me to make. MGFK assembles and freezes them for you, then I can make them any time I want and they literally take no time to put together and they are way better than anything I've ever made! Plus, it's actually very reasonably priced and much cheaper than eating out, even fast food. I'm definitely into it and highly recommend them to everyone.

2) Wasatch Back Relay - And the fact I have an entire extended family as my motivation to get in shape. I really think this will be the best way to get back into shape. The Holt Family, or Incredible Holts (you know, like the Incredible Hulk!), are running in the Wasatch Back Relay this June and I asked to be a team member this year. It's no one person marathon, which I have no desire to ever accomplish, but it's enough that I'm going to have to get back to the gym 3-4 times a week and train myself to actually RUN! AHHH!! (Run outside??? AHHH!!!) It's a good thing I will have 15+ people supporting me through this. I'm really excited actually, they had such a fun time last summer running the Hood to Coast relay so I know this one is going to be a blast!

3) Good Bad TV - It's getting me through this writers strike. Project Runway, Gossip Girls, and Snoop Dogg's Father Hood (yes, I know) are the highlights of my week while House, CSI Miami and New York, and Grey's Anatomy are all off-and-on.

4) Huntsville - Even though there is ~6 ft of snow on the ground there, it's so nice to be able to 'go home' every once in a while to a comfortable and beautiful place. Plus, I've got golf tees to paint! This is the progress as of a couple of weeks ago. You can really start to see the football players!

5) Being able to work from home when it snows.
6) My iphone - it never gets boring. I just love it.
7) Babies - they're so cute, hopefully I'll have one too at some point. Here's little Ashton, isn't he just so precious?

5 comments:

laurel said...

1) I sooo need something like that.

3) I hear ya on the good/bad tv. (Although Project Runway is AWESOME tv.) But seriously I catch myself watching Celebrity Apprentice and Make Me a Supermodel. I have problems. But you might have worse problems since you are watching Snoop Dogg tv. (OK, I might have to check that out.)

4) The mural looks so cool.

7) What a cutie!

Dawn said...

Meriel you are so positive. I think you have inspired me!

Rachel said...

Meriel, this is rachel from freshman year, i was sheri's friend... hopefully you remember me... i love looking at your blog and hope you are well. i heard from sheri that you are prego? is this true or no? haha:) hope you are well and you can look at our blog too... we are expecting.

Emily said...

Ok I will definitely need to try My Girlfriend's Kitchen, I see it all the time when I get lunch around there. Who needs to cook when you have places like that? I love it.

Anonymous said...

hey! I love your new all purpose bag. I have wanted to go green in that way as well. but if you know me you say it, and never do it. so one of these days i will find a bag i can use at the gym, and the grocery store. since i usually go to both within a few hours of each other anyways. second of all, your nephew is soooo cute! you are a luck auntie! thirdly i think you are so creative, and inspire me to always be doing something crafty. i havn't in a while either! fourthly i totally agree w/ you on the t.v. shows. i totally have been watching all the sam as you, except for snoop dog. have not watched that one yet. i like runs house, or life of ryan, and rob & big! so hilarious! anyways, good luck with everything, and the race coming up. what great motivation!