Sunday, August 12, 2007

Recovering the Pillows

In the almost three and a half years Bart and I have been married for, our apartment has always looked the same and I am extremely bored of it. When my parent's decorator was furnishing their new house up in Huntsville, she bought some stuff that, in the end, was pretty unnecessary. She bought this pair of bright green modern lamps that don't go with anything up there but couldn't be returned, so my mom let me have them! I happen to love them and they were the shot of a bright new color I was looking for in our apartment. We don't really have a budget for decorating so it was a perfect coincidence that my mom would have these extra lamps at the same time I needed a change in color scheme. I am in the process of recovering our couch pillows now to give the apartment a different look. It's the cheapest and easiest way to create a new look, so here it goes.

I tried not to make it look too crazy, but I definitely needed a big change from the old blah red, yellow, orange, (brown) scheme. So I'm trying the blue, yellow, white, green, (brown) scheme. I'm trying to keep it bright and all inclusive, but here are the stronger accents. Tell me what you think!

9 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

Love the pillows, and I love the green lamp, it's way cool!

Kathy said...

I love your new pillows and lamp! Great colors!

Rachel U said...

ooo i like! very chic!

Brittany Simmons said...

I love the new lamp! I too need some new pillows, and need them with green. But you are always very crafty and creative :)

The Evers said...

You have such great taste, actually some of the best I have seen! Those lamps are great! I love those colors together! We so miss you guys!

Kim said...

Love that punch of color!! green's one of my fav's

Anonymous said...

looks great! Its always nice to spruce things up a bit now and then. those lamps are perfect for your place too! you scored on that.

cait said...

it's looking fabulous! can't wait for the new place too.

Emily said...

When I first read the title, I thought your pillows had some sort of addiction or something, or that they were lost and just found. But now that I get it and am done laughing, they look so nice! I love the colors.