Friday, August 17, 2007

Kitty sitting, again

Bart's cousin, Spencer, is back in SLC for a 2 month medical 'leave' from his mission so that he can have surgery on his back. We are happy to see him but sad that he hurt his back and had to leave his mission! He is very allergic to cats and his return came inopportunely timed, considering his parents just got a cute little kitty since he was technically out of the house. So Bart and I agreed to take the little sweetie for the next two months so that Spencer wouldn't be having allergic reactions while trying to heal from his slipped disc. She is named Kita, but we just call her kitty, which is appropriate since I never called our family cat by her real name either. It's just 'kitty'. She's small and cute and playful. So far, nights haven't been that bad. She hardly ever meows, but she does try to wake us at night by sitting on our faces or putting her little wet nose all over my cheeks. It's too cute, you can't get mad at her! Well, I can get annoyed but that's after she starts bringing her toys with her and putting them on the bed. Or when she'll sit on my stomach, that just plain hurts. I'm sure she is lonely during the day while we are gone, but she can handle it. It builds character!

Isn't she so cute? She loves to be held!

She purrs like a lawn mower!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! are we still freinds?? we didn't get to say goodbye when we left utah. So im saying it now, on beha;f of rock and I, Goodbye! Now I won't feel like I've been a bad freind. It's been a crazy move. but fun! how's provo?? Im staying at kristas right now, until rock gets home. you guys might see him this week, since he's up there getting our apartment all cleaned and then driving our car down. lets keep in touch though! we'll miss you guys. talk to you later.

Marisa said...

Awww, I love that cat! You know Meriel, I always vow that we will never have pets, but sometimes cats (really cute ones) make me change my mind. Even though I am allergic to them. I am excited to see you guys on Friday! We shall dance the night away...