Sunday, August 26, 2007

The progress on our house...

We officially have 56 days left until the finish date on our townhome! I can't say 'until we move in' because Bart doesn't think I should get my hopes up that it will be right on the 24th, when they said it would be done. It's okay, either way. We are so happy to being moving. It's a little bitter sweet though, because we have good friends still in Provo that we will not see as much because of the 20 mile distance that will now separate us. We are very excited about the brand new ward, house, neighbors, community, life, etc. Especially the shorter commutes to SLC! (Bart -20 mins, Me - 35 min.) I think it was definitely time for a change in our family. We have been in Provo for 5 1/2 years now! (pre and post marriage)

This is the front of the 'house'. It's obviously not finished yet, but there is a red brick façade, black shutters, and a black door. We have a good size driveway to park on and a two car garage! Bart is sooooo excited about the garage. A place to work on his bike!!! A place to house his ever-growing tool set other than our coat closet! (Don't worry, I get the unfinished basement as my crafting domain!)

This is the kitchen/dining area. We are anxious to watch the finishing work go in!

This is our somewhat-less-than-a-'great room'. It's the family room with vaulted ceilings that you can see into from upstairs.

Our upstairs hallway. It's the little things that get me excited - like the linen closet.

My mom and Rach came to walk through it with me. It's fun to have them so close by.

15 comments:

Kim said...

wow! It's really coming along!
We are soooo excited for the two of you!
Love you!!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I'm so excited for you guys! We can't wait to have you close again.

Anonymous said...

Meriel you are such a grown up. We love you guys. Rob was saying the other day how much he liked Bart, and I was like "Ooooh, does someone have a new boyfriend?" He just thinks he's really cool though. You did a good job marrying him. And he you.

Lance and Becky said...

Congrats, you are going to love it! I looks awesome! It's so funny what you get excited about. I was so excited about the closet space too! It's going to be beautiful, and of course you will have it decorated sooo stinkin cute!

AnnEE said...

You may be further away from you Provo friends, but you're now closer to us here in Lindon!!

Allison said...

All I have to ask is where is my room!?!

Avery said...

Cute Meems!! You're gonna love having a place of your own. The whole basement to yourself? wow..that's a lot of crafts you can make to give me ideas. :)

Dallas and Krista said...

Linen closets matter- you should be excited!

Rachel U said...

yeaaaah party at the frandsens yoooo!

Rachel U said...

p.s. stick to the status qo

Dawn said...

Holy cow! I'm so excited for you! But it will be pretty sad for you guys to be so far away.

Anonymous said...

so exciting! i love little things like linen closets, and details like that. i totall get excited too! that makes me so excited for our home thats going to start being built hopefully in two weeks!!! so we're planning on next april being complete! but we'll see, you know how that goes! anyways, im so excited for you guys, and your new place, especially out of provo! its going to be such a different world, but so good. thanks for your comment, its good right now. we havnt moved into our apartment yet, because we are babysitting for the tanners, and then next week babysitting for another family next door. and then we will move into our little place for the next six months. im workin at the Nordies, in your favorite place, Shoes! its been good so far, but they want me to work sundays, and im not really down with that. wo i go to find something else i think. but its getting better, and will get better when we are more on our own and settled in. hows the ward? hows provo? anything new and exciting happening?? i miss our apartment:( ttalk to you later

Anonymous said...

by the way, your house is going to be so cute!! i love the brick, and that there will be blacl shudders, and a black door. its going to be so nice!

The Evers said...

Oh that is so exciting! I hope we can come visit you there! All that room...craft it up my friend! Miss you!

the waites said...

Hey I hope you had fun In Cali I had cousins in town. Anyways next time lets do lunch!!??