Please excuse the lack of posts these past few weeks. I have been busy, busy, busy, with family, friends, and fictional characters as it seems most people are this summer!! As the summer comes to a close, let's all try to pack one more book in between those last minute trips and reunions. Eclipse comes out tomorrow, which is a really big deal, and I will definitely be in line buying it and then probably done with it by Thursday. For those who still haven't caught onto the vampire addiction, it is the third installment of the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I have to say they are one of the best I've read in my short lifetime.
For those of you that finish by Wednesday and still need more, here are some of my favorite books that can help you escape/pass the time:
Favorites: some classic, some not so classic!
The Harry Potter series - you really don't need me to tell you these are good.
The Josephine Bonaparte Collection: The Many Lives and Secret Sorrows of Josephine B., Tales of Passion, Tales of Woe, and The Last Great Dance on Earth - three books in an amazingly realistic historical fiction. - Sandra Gulland
The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory - Another fun historical fiction about women in history
Anything Jane Austen - obviously.
Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons - a short read, but fantastic. There is also a really good movie you can watch after the fact.
Life of Pi - Yann Martel
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Shopaholic series - Sophie Kinsella - just too fun!
The older Carl Hiaasen books - hilarious murder/mystery stories set in stereotypical Florida
A new one-
The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson - I haven't read this yet, but I have heard it is so good. It's next on my list.
I know there are a zillion on here that I am forgetting, but maybe later I will write an addendum. What are your favorite books?
4 comments:
I LOVE the shopaholic books! They're fantastic. I read a book a few weeks ago called "Good Grief". I don't remember who it was by, but it was a good read. REALLY depressing, but so good at the same time. I love reading your blog...hope I'm not TOO much of a stalker!
What a great list. Thanks for the tips!
thanks for the list! i am done with harry potter, and eclipse, and i was searching for something new to read! i'll let you know about some more books soon!
Okay, you've inspired me to read Twilight, but I just have to find some extra time...two kids close together is crazy, but fun!
Post a Comment