We met up with the family at Lagoon and took Avery on some rides.
Avery loves to take the kayaks out on the lake!
So Saturday we threw La a sprinkle. Yep, since baby #2 is a boy she needed to be sprinkled with gifts, not showered! It was really great and we were so happy so many good friends and family could come up and celebrate with us.
I made this quilt for my soon-to-be nephew with beautiful fabric from Purl.
These little boxes had Rachel's yummy chocolate cookies inside for favors.
We capped the party off with a sprinkle bar and ice cream -how appropriate!
After the sprinkle, we went down to SLC for the Days of '47 Rodeo. It was way fun and of course Bart was laughing the whole time at my silly reactions to the poor animals getting roped and ridden. Apparently, they're used to having people grab their horns and twisted down on the ground, then their feet tied and unable to move for minutes before they are freed. I guess it's all in a day's work for them.
On Monday, Bart, Price, and I went to a standing wave place up in Ogden, called Flowrider. It was so much fun. I actually got up almost everytime! But each time was fairly short lived. It was really fun and Price did so well!
The weekend has been really fun and it definitely has been more intense due to the fact that the 7th HP is out and I am only halfway through it. It's very stressful, seeing as it's the last book and everything is coming to end in this one. It's crazy how the whole book is one big climax!! No restful chapters, no wasted space, it's jam-packed!
8 comments:
I love the quilt! And I thought I was crafty with my rag quilts, you put mine to shame!
Good call on the "sprinkle" ... I love it!
bart looks so cute with a little girl...hint, hint! you both are so cute and look so happy. love the quilt and the sprinkle and the treats, i miss cute parties!
I love the quilt, I so need to learn how to make them! You are so good at all kinds of things...way to go, and we miss you guys so much!
I just love your blog!! I get all the updates..cute pics of Avery..Bart does look cute with a little girl!! hint hint!...Meems you are soooo talented!!loved the quilt!
Ok I love the fact that you threw your sister a Sprinkle instead of a shower! what a cute and clever idea for the second child, and also since its a boy! krista told me about it when i was in AZ last week, and we were dying over how we loved that idea! it looks like you guys have had so much fun lately.
It was fun to see you in Huntsville!! Sorry you weren't feeling well on Saturday.
Hope to see you again soon.
Aunt Cathy
Hi Bart! Its Niccole Meyer. SO glad I found your blog, I see your mom all the time at Nordies. I would love to get together with you and your cute wifey. WE live in SLC during the school year.
Post a Comment