Tuesday, May 29, 2007

IKEA!!

Yes, we finally got one in UT. I have been driving by it to and from work everyday since it broke ground in the winter and I am pretty stoked about it. Mostly, because I am going to furnish my entire house with it - 'cause it's the only thing I can afford. :) I am sooo happy it is here. It took all my self-control not to call in sick to work so I could go to the grand opening in the morning. We finally had a chance to go there on Saturday night and boy was it crowded! There was a live band and zillions of people crowding every single display corner. The funny thing way, this was an hour before it closed. Yep, what a date night! It was still so much fun though because we went with our friends Bryan and Dawn who are getting married in a little bit and wish they did a registry program there, and Rachel and Shmike! We loved it because we got some ideas for the house. So exciting!!



These are a few pieces I love. Word to the wise, definitely sit in them before you buy them 'cause they might not be comfortable. Not worth it if it isn't comfortable!!
- The Morkedal
- The Lunna
- The Poang (haven't yet decided on a color and stain)

If you haven't gone yet, you've gotta make the trip. It's really amazing and the swedish meatballs are amazing!

8 comments:

bryan said...

you like that cloth bed as well??? dawn was all about that but it seems like it would be a hassle to keep clean to me :)

Kim said...

YOU just have to love, love LOVE!! IKEA!!
Bart get over that face you make during pics it's soooo lame...Love MOM

Rachel U said...

i agree kim! you're son is crazy in pictures. just like jake hahaha!

Meriel Frandsen said...

Bart was actually the one who picked the white bed. I think as long as you aren't putting your shoes on it, you will be fine. You're sheets don't necessarily need to be white. I really like it to because it is so versatile.

Brad Frandsen said...

I surprisingly was not at IKEA for its opening day... we in fact are waiting for the hype to die down a bit... I tried to go on Memorial Day... no luck.

laurel said...

Fun!!! My friend has two of the last chair you posted. They are super comfy!

beck said...

Hi cousin!! I just started blogging and just went camping with the neffs. Bryan was totally blogging the whole time and he told me about your site! So fun!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Lane and I got a chest of drawers from there last week and we absolutely love it. My first trip to IKEA was in Boston with my sister and I was so excited to find out we were getting one. I love IKEA!!