Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ticklehook

For those who don't know - the house being built in Huntsville is called Ticklehook. It is named after a piece of driftwood my dad found that was shaped like a hook. He would hook us around the waist thinking that it tickled us but it really just hurt. We always laughed anyway!

Anyway, here are some pictures of the house and how cool it is. I am really just excited for it to be done. I almost don't want to go back until it is so that I don't have to be reminded that it still isn't finished. Ohh, I can't wait, it is going to be so nice.

This is the large and in charge fireplace in the great room made from Sheepherd river rock (or so Ryan has led us to believe).


This is the bronze relief my dad made of one us kids (I think it's me!)


And finally, this is the house! The outside is still not finished - it needs paint, more trim, and a porch! But isn't it so beautiful?

2 comments:

laurel said...

I haven't seen the house in over a year (no roof then) so THANK YOU for posting these! I can't wait till it's finished. We are planning on spending a big chunk of July there so that will be really fun. Hope you don't mind but I might steal one of these pictures for my blog.

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

The House looks awesome. I still want to go up and see some of the construction. I can't wait to see the final product. Ticklehook is the weirdest name, but I love the memory it is.

I love to read about everyone, since I don't see you guys enough!! Let's do lunch sometime!!