Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Ramp's First Victim


Bart broke his wrist a couple of days ago skateboarding. He built the ramp a couple months ago and so I knew that he would break something, I just didn't know what or when. I have never broken anything before in my life so I had a hard time excepting the fact that his wrist couldn't function and he would have to have a cast for a while. He broke the Scaphoid bone which is the little cashew-shaped bone under your thumb. It happens to be the hardest bone to break and the slowest bone to heal, due to lack of circulation to the hand. He is probably going to get the surgery to fix it, since it reduces recovery time to about two weeks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Bart's wrist. I know how it feels I broke my arm last January on a hike.

Hope all goes well.

Love, G & G Young

laurel said...

That's such a bummer Bart. Is it the one you write with?

Meriel Frandsen said...

It is his left hand

Dallas and Krista said...

Ohhh poor Bartia! Sending all our love to your sad bad circulating (?) hand!