I haven’t been able to write anything lately because I have been so crazy busy at work for the past two weeks. Here are some things that have been on my mind.
Halloween was fun but kind of uneventful. Bart and I were so tired!! Plus, Bart had so much homework, he was bogged down with it all night. I had done an ‘Enwitchment’ the week before that kind of burned me out too. The best part of the holiday was giving our decorative pumpkins to the girls trick-or-treating because we didn’t have any candy. ☹
Another part of Halloween that was fun actually came that next Saturday when Bart and I took the gun out shooting and we used all our pumpkins for targets. I’ve gotten pretty good at shooting the handgun we have. It’s not a nice one but it does the trick. This guy let us shoot his rifle too, it was awesome.
On the last day of the month, my work gets really busy because it is our month-end reporting. I facilitate a separate type of reporting that is totally unique to everything else and ridiculously manual. Those first three days are the busiest because I am coordinating with people in New York, Zurich, London, and Chicago. Unfortunately, my account with the firm was accidentally deleted on that first day and I didn’t have access to any email, documents, the computer, etc. for two days. I was essentially ‘terminated’ in the eyes of the system and anyone trying to get a hold of me. Let’s just say this made those first three days even worse than they already were, if that is even possible.
Bart has started a side business of sorts painting store windows for the holidays and promotionals. He has only done one window so far, but it’s pretty darn cool to see his art in a public place. I just love that at least one of us can draw. We know who’s going to have to help with all the kids’ school projects down the road!
I have gone blonde even more. It was the first time I have ever used bleach in my hair so I was a little nervous and it took a little over three hours at the hair school. My friend did it and she is really good. She did Rachel’s hair too.
I turned 23 on Wednesday. It’s crazy I feel really old and really young at the same time. At work I am so young, one of the youngest, which always makes me feel a little weird. At home and around friends I don’t feel too weird ‘cause I am older than most girls now in Provo, only because I AM STILL THERE! Only another five or six months… ☺
The birthday was nice though, everyone at work was really nice and celebrated with me. Bart, Rachel, and I went to dinner with Dadaruso ‘cause he was in town. We went to Tucanos and Dad showed us the landscaping plans for Ticklehook right there on the table after we were done eating. Classic Dad bringing the plans into the restaurant.
I wanted to let everyone know that Laurel makes really cute cards. I got three cards from three different people for my birthday that were all made by her. She is really good at making them.
Lastly, how cute is my niece? I really don’t think there is a cuter girl on earth. I only hope that I have a girl and she can be just as cute and fun to play with. If you haven’t already visited my sister Laurel’s blog, DO! It is awesome because La actually has cool stuff to talk about everyday because her life is an adventure. Plus, Avery is just to die for.
Anyway, sorry to drag on. It's just been a long time since I posted anything so I thought I would get everyone up to speed. I hope next time it will be a little more interesting.
5 comments:
meems, no blog is boring ok? dont ever underestimate the power of your blogs. haha i loved it ;) love ya meemers!
love
mini meems
Brad and I couldn't stop laughing after reading that 3 of your birthday cards were made by me. That's kind of embarassing! Sorry!
P.S. We need to see pictures of both of you with your new blonde hair.
P.P.S. I was the one above who deleted my post. I was trying to edit it, but I don't think you can edit without deleting.
Meems-you probably dont even know that i read your blogs, but I love when theres a new blog posted and i get to read about what you're up to and how you're doing. I miss you! sounds like life is going good for you and I'm so glad. I'll call you soon cuz i really need to hear your voice and talk to you. Love you!
Ave
Post a Comment