I’m sitting here at work and I’m listening to my ipod on random. It’s going through all 3000+ songs and it plays Micheal Jackson’s ‘You Rock My World’ which was his one hit from his comeback album Invincible. You know how a song can just transport you back to a time in the past and evoke feelings and perhaps make you start dancing? Or in my case, wiggle in my chair in the most inconspicuous way. – Girl’s- You know what I mean.
Krista, Caitlin, Jason, Avi, myself, and who else? Liz and Lindsay? I can’t remember completely, but we did a dance to this song as the opening to our senior year Homecoming Rally that we so appropriately called “Invincible’. It was a nod to the Micheal Legacy that only children of the 80’s and early 90’s can truly appreciate. It was one of those moments you won’t ever forget. I’m still dancing in my chair and I wish I could see my friends right now and dance with them! I miss you guys!
Oh, how appropriate, that the next song should be Forever Young, Rod Stewart. Is the ipod trying to make me cry now? (It was our senior dance for the Nov. show.)
I highly suggest when you listen to your ipods turn it to random on ‘all songs’ so that you can take a trip through your past! Now I’m visiting my memories of summer of freshman year at BYU – a little Avril Lavigne.
1 comment:
Oh I am so there right now. I can remember every second of everything you talked about. Love it- love you!
PS- Oh, You know I totally know how to do a little groove in my chair- is it an inconspicuous groove though? Probobly not, but who really cares?
Post a Comment