Thursday, May 02, 2013

Pinterest for the win!

Lately I've had some real successes from Pinterest.  I'm usually very wary about what I try from there,  I  always check out the comments from the original website, and I usually pin things I know I'll do so I don't clog up my boards with the less than great stuff.   Here are some of my favorites I've done in the past month or so, most of it being food.  Follow me on Pinterest if you want the links.

The yummiest flank steak shredded beef tacos in the crock-pot.  Oh yah.  It's got a wicked spice rub all over it and fajita style vegetables, best with lots of avocado, as seen here.  Sooo good.

THE BEST chicken tikka masala recipe - also in the crockpot.  Bart's indian friends sent me spices from india, so I got to make this with legit spices and it was gooood.  It's a huge recipe too, so it lasted for days.

This is that white vinegar and blue dawn dish soap trick for hard water stains on shower glass.  It works so well because that stuff never comes off.  You're supposed to heat it up in the micro first, but honestly a hot shower does the trick too.  I put it in one of those little dish scrubbers too and so that makes it easy too for the everyday wipe down.   Also, Isla LOVES to 'wash the shower' when she takes a shower.  It's adorable and helpful!

I just did this and seriously, it was amazing and my stove top burner things look brand new.  It's a 1/4 cup ammonia in a ziploc with the stove top thing in it for 12 hours.  Just the fumes make it so that when you take it out later all the gunk wipes away clean with the scratchy side of a sponge.  So easy and works so well.

The yummiest chocolate bundt cake ever.  It's the knock-off Nothing Bundt Cake recipe and dang, it was exactly like it and so good.  Like this is my staple chocolate cake from now on.  Plus it's like the easiest recipe ever, so that's nice.  It's got choc pudding, sour cream, and like a cup and a half of mini choco chips, so it's a suuuper thick batter, but it turns out GREAT.  So moist, so delicious.  Plus, if you do the cream cheese frosting like they do in the pic, it looks extra cute.  A huge hit.

Anywayzz... thought if any of you out there were looking for some tried and true pinterest finds, you might like these.  Winning!

1 comment:

Rachel U said...

love these!! and i discovered the blue dish soap and vinegar thing last summer!!! its amazing!!! never buying shower soap again!