Saturday, May 25, 2013

Andrea's Neon Baby Shower


Last weekend we showered my sister-in-law Andrea with the most fun and BRIGHT baby shower of all time... haha, not really, but I'd love to think so. ;)  Andrea and Brad have been THE best aunt and uncle to our kids for the past ~4 years and now that they are having their own sweet baby girl, I really felt the need to give back.  They are the most deserving soon-to-be parents and we are all dying of anticipation for sweet little Macy to join our lives. 

But seriously, the party.   Kim (my co-host) and Grandma Young came up, so many of her family made the trip, and like 15+ friends came!  All in all, it was 23 people.  That is the most I have ever fit in my small little house, but we did it and did it well...




As you can see, the theme was neons with a sub-theme of 'bows & arrows'.  I found this uh-mazing neon fabric online and had a serious blast making all the bows and arrows for the party.  We had all the peeps accessorize with bows as they came in (to unify the theme) and then the arrows were used as place settings and as weights to keep the balloons from flying away.  




(I'm not sure why my photo's loaded with such poor quality, but I'm too lazy to go try and reload them, so... there you go.)

We had a waffle bar for the food.  It was so good, I'm still craving it.  For weeks I had been wondering what the best way to do it would be - buy the costco liege belgium waffles, make my own legit belgium waffles, or go easy and make the krusteaz belgium waffles.  Kim and I had decided that we should go with the costco waffles because they were very highly recommended and then we wouldn't have to spend any time making them.  Well, after 2 unsuccessful trips to two diff costcos, and the follow-up call to their customer service to find out that not a single costco in all of utah had them that week, we made the fabulous decision to just order the to-die-for liege belgium waffles from our local food truck WaffleLove.  Best decision ever.


Andrea got some pretty sweet loot. Showers are the best.

And we got to spend time with the people we love.


What a fun time.  And a fun theme.  Maybe I'll throw Isla a neon themed birthday party.

No comments: