Sunday, March 04, 2012

a living room update

It was about time we bought a rug for our living room.  I know it's kind of a faux pas to put a rug on carpet, but who ever started that 'rule' didn't have kids.  Our carpet was in desperate need of some protection!  So thanks to pinterest, I was directed to Urban Outfitters for our new, totally affordable (real affordable, not the fake kind of affordable most people talk about), cute chevron rug.

(pay no attention to our ugly couches)

Of course, we opened it and realized - wait - we have bright green lamps! What were we thinking getting a minty/turquoise rug?  Then I thought, hey, it just means I'll need to recover the pillows and go fabric shopping for some prints and colors that would marry the lamps and rug together.  The green pillows do have turqoise in them and the flower pillow, (pattern courtesy of pinterest, once again) really pulled it all together.  In the words of Tim Gunn, "Make it work!"



5 comments:

Sophia said...

Looks awesome!

Dawn said...

It looks so friendly and fresh! I love it. Can't wait to see it in person.

daniel and katie said...

so cute! I love how pillows make a makeover! Daniel is always holding me back in the pillow department! I can't get enough of them!!!

laurel said...

Love it!

Kim said...

looks cozy and chic!! love what you've done!