It's official. Bart is moving to Bangalore, India for 3 months. We wanted to wait until it was really official (documents signed and no backing out!) before we announced to everyone that he is leaving because with Goldman, you never know. Things are constantly changing over there you just never know where you are going to be longer than 6 months ahead. For a while we were planning on it being an LTA (long term assignment) where all of us would move out there together for 2-3 years, but then due to $ and staffing they asked him to go out only for 3 months instead. I'm seriously bummed because I was looking forward to an adventure! And India is such a cool place and our kids are young enough that it wouldn't have been that difficult of an adjustment. I really would have loved to go, but at least Bart gets to, right!? That's what's really important anyway because it's just a cool opportunity for him and a great boost for his career. We're really happy for him, but I am extremely nervous about what I am going to do for 3 months without him??!!! I mean, seriously people. 3 months as a single mom of two is going to be a trial, (read impossibly difficult). I'm just hoping and praying that Loie starts sleeping through the night before he leaves because if not, I think I might die. Okay, that's obviously an exaggeration, but come on! She'll be six months when he leaves April 27th and 9 months when he gets back. We are going to miss our daddy so much. Thank Heaven for skype.
(Bangalore Government House)
The Mercure (The hotel where he'll be living. Poor Bart...)


4 comments:
Jai Ho indeed! I would love to go to India. "May there be victory" for Bart in this experience.
Wahoo! So exciting!
are you kidding me....that looks like a resort...you are right poor Bart! xo well there is always a trip to cali in your future for a stay at grandma's house <3 xo
How exciting for Bart (less exciting for you)! Are you going to be able to go visit?
Post a Comment