Monday, December 05, 2011

Lovin' Pinterest

I know there are some haters out there, but I am NOT one of them.  I am seriously a huge fan of Pinterest.  Have you all gotten on board, because if you haven't, you seriously should.  In short, it's a place where you can keep 'pins' of things you find on the internet that you like and want to remember.  Like how we used to fill up our bookmark bar at the top of our browser until you couldn't find anything anymore?  Yah, now you can put it with the picture, explanation, and link in a place that even organizes it further by category, like 'kids' or 'home'.

Here are some things I've actually used from pinterest:

using foam tubing as a wreath base


a tulle wreath

cinnamon roll sticks with cream cheese frosting for dip

advent calendar activities for Christmas

Here are some things I want to do:


repurposing a Guess Who game to teach your children family members and friends

cleaning your microfiber couch

keeping the phone charger right next to your bed where you can reach it

I do oreo truffles, but seriously? These would be Uh-mazing!

And here are just some awesome things you can find there as well:



I'm really digging this print right now.

The funny thing is, I don't actually pin things that often.  Really all I do is follow what other people pin, because that is the best part of Pinterest.  It's like facebook or instagram in the way that there is a feed and you can follow other people's 'pins'.  I check the app daily and am frequently amazed at what other people find for me.  It's like I don't have to browse the internet anymore, I let other people do it for me.




3 comments:

Rachel U said...

evrhet works for pinterest now. he says people gotta your own things from other websites!!! don't let pinterest die!!!! i try to pin new stuff.

Sophia said...

Love pinterest!

beck said...

ok you gotta teach me . . . for some reason I don't get how to use it. . . I guess i need to spend more time on there. Love the cell phone charger idea!