Ugh. Waiting for labor is like the worst thing ever. With Isla, I had false labor every night for a week, but it always went away within an hour of laying down for bed. This time around, I started that routine again on Sunday night: 9 min apart, 45-50 second long, mild/medium intensity contractions that lasted until about 1 am. So, Monday night rolls around and here we are with 7-8 min apart, 50-1 min long, medium intensity contractions that decided to last literally ALL NIGHT LONG. So I'm thinking, yah, this is it. By morning, I'll totally have this baby. Instead, 9:00 am rolls around and I have to go to my weekly doctors apt and now I'm thinking, oh yah, it's taking a long time but they're not going away and I'm totally having this baby by tonight. Even the doctor confirmed the same thoughts. If the contractions kept it up, then I'd be in labor by nightfall or the next morning at a maximum.
Yah, that didn't happen. The contractions went completely away Tuesday afternoon and didn't even come back until 2am at night. Even then, they came back as medium intensity, 10-12 min apart. Even longer!! What is the deal?! AND they went away (consistently) by morning. I seriously cannot handle the fact that all that happened on Tuesday and now I have nothing to show for it all. BOOOO! Sooo, frustrating. What looked like an end in sight now just looks like hard-core false labor with nothing to show except maybe a cm dilation. Great.
Well, anyways. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
3 comments:
Good Luck! I hope baby #2 gets here soon:) Congrats!
oh the waiting begins....she is definitely coming into this world on her own terms ;-)
Yeah, Dr. Kinghorn gave me "24-48 hours", six days later I actually went into labor. But the beauty is you KNOW it can't be more than a week at the very very latest. Plus, if you had that baby already than Isla might not get a chance to wear her adorable sheep costume to trick or treat at gs! Pros and cons...
Post a Comment