Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Crunch time!

Normally, this time of year always brings so much excitement and plenty of holiday and seasonal preparations for fall and this year is no different! Well, slightly different because this year I have a clock ticking in the background counting down the weeks to baby girl #2 coming by Halloween. It adds just a little bit of pressure because come October I know I won't want to be doing ANYthing of ANY kind. So here's a few things that need to get done in the next two months. (don't get me wrong, I'm still super enthused to be doing all of it - it's the fun kind of preparation!)

Get everything ready for Isla's bday! (It's gold and glitter themed!! Hopefully I'll remember to take great pictures this time!)

Make Isla's Halloween costume - she's going to be a sheep since her favorite show is Shaun the Sheep.


Make baby girl's quilt - here's the front runner for her baby-sized quilt. I have fabric that is this color-scheme too, which I love.


Reorg all Isla's baby clothes!!! I have to go down in that mess of a basement (another thing that needs organized) and figure out where and which clothing items the baby is going to need for the first few months. Clothes, and all the silly baby paraphernalia that go along with newborns.

Making raspberry jam with mom out of all the fresh raspberries from my dad's bushes. So yummy!

Pumpkin picking with the family at the Red Barn. Another year, another fun adventure! (love the random guy in the background - I can't bring myself to photoshop him out.)



Compile Isla's 2nd year book and videos. I love doing this; the reminiscing is so fun. They grow up so fast!

Decorate our house for fall & Halloween. I'm trying my best to do better than last year, I didn't put up one single decoration for all of fall or christmas! For shame!

So yah, it's a lot, but really, I could tackle one project a week and be fine, right?! It's all about joy in the journey and reveling in the season's traditions.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

You are getting me all motivated to tackle my to-do list! Good luck with yours.

Allison said...

When are you due lady?

Miss Mary said...

You are amazing!! Can't wait to see how all your projects come out. That quilt is beautiful!

Rachel U said...

quilt. goregous. love. and that pic is fabulous. haha so excited for the red barn, obvi. and their cinnamon donuts. and i cannot wait for islas party!!