Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Wedding prep

My little sister's wedding is 2 weeks away! The past week or so I've been taking every opportunity to get things ready for the big day and it has made the anticipation so much more exciting! I feel like it's prom! (J/k, j/k) The real thing of it all is that I will be ~30 weeks pregnant and my belly (and the rest of me) will be huge for all the family photos and I would rather it not be something I am embarrassed about later. So I've been busy busy trying to glam myself up for the day. I found a navy blue maternity dress, which is a feat all by itself, and a hairdo I'm 90% confident I can pull of by myself. I've searched for the perfect lip color, the highest heels to lengthen my short fat body, got my hair highlighted, and even bought some clip-in extensions to give my puny updo so volume. Here's what I'm going for:

The tiniest picture of the dress in the wrong color. Mine is navy and I'm cutting those bow tails off and adding a belt for definition.



And this is the updo which I surprising can do pretty well with the help of artificial hair. My ponytail is sooo puny by itself!



The other preparations being made are wedding decorations. You all know I love myself a good craft, so needless to say I am thoroughly enjoying myself with these crafts. We're doing various sizes of pinwheels for the lawn, a glitterized LOVE sign, and table numbers. It's going to be good if I can get them all done in time! It's a big wedding, and a huge lawn, which means lots and lots of pinwheels. I'm so excited! I'll post picks when they're all done and looking fabulous!

2 weeks and counting. Fingers crossed I can get this all done in time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see how it all turns out! Good for you to make the effort to girlify even when you have no energy; I'm sure you will look beautimous!

Rachel U said...

yayyyyay you are the BEST meems. seriously, what would i do without you? i didnt know you were making the LOVE sign!! yay!! i am so so happy. thanks so much. love youuuuuu.

Terri Frandsen said...

Please post pictures of the wedding! I'd love to see how it turned out! and I love your ideas for outfitting and styling yourself! I wish my little sister was getting married.. haha!

Kim said...

as always you will be beautiful!! love the dress and the updo!! so stylish for the mom to be!!