Friday, January 14, 2011

January Schmanuary

Well, January is always a slow month. Not as bad as March (no holidays, still winter, no signs of spring ever showing), but still it's slow. I've been trying to keep myself busy despite the fact that Isla and I have had to spend the first half of the month indoors in a self-induced quarantine. We're all better now and desperate for some good socializing, but here's what's been occupying my time thus far.

I promised myself I would make Isla's stocking this year for Christmas but time just never allowed, so I'm making it now. It's kind of nice because it's almost like it's extending the Christmas season...almost.


That's not an American flag, it's supposed to be a candy cane, and that is a half done Christmas tree. There will also be presents and a lot more stuff, but it's just the beginning. I promise it will look a lot less patriotic when it's finished.

I've also starting reading 2 books. The Happiest Toddler on the block and Rick Steve's Italy 2011. Yep, we are entering the toddler phase where we actually have to start disciplining her (so hard!) and we are also going to Italy in May and I have to start planning!


Isla's been busying herself with all sorts of indoor fun - trying on her sunglasses that finally fit and wishing it was warm already, still not walking completely, and learning how to eat with a plate at the table!


I also got a stay-at-home job as a transcriptionist. I know, it doesn't sound like a real word, but I guess it is since spellcheck didn't register any mistakes. It's not a glamorous job, but it pays well and it's extremely flexible. Also, sometimes I get to transcribe conference calls about the funniest stuff - like chicken prices in the stock market and wind-farm maintenance.

Anyway, hopefully soon we will be able to get out and leave these four walls behind for some outdoor adventures with friends, but I doubt it since apparently everyone else is sick too!

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

Wow, Italy!! How wonderful. Can't wait to hear about it.And the stocking looks so cute. Great job with that tree! And, I LOVE that you have a stay at home job. That is my dream when I have kids. Sounds just loverly!

Your Christmas card was so cute. Thanks so much for sending me one :)You guys are on my fridge!