Monday, January 17, 2011

2010 in Picture Review

Every January I do a review of the previous year covering the highlights from each month to remember how much fun we had and all that was accomplished. This time I want to shake it up and do as my sister did by just reviewing each month in pictures. (Warning - it's a long one!)

January
We got to visit our good friends, Krista and Dallas Tanner, in AZ. A first for me, but hopefully not the last because it was just such a lovely trip!
(of course the only time we took our camera out was crossing the Hoover Dam, so...sorry it's not more exciting)

February
Bart got a job at Goldman and I quit from Goldman!
Family was all in town and we got to hangout at my parents for a while and play in the snow. Here we are enjoying a little ice fishing.

Another favorite for February is our annual Chinese New Year party. Always a good time!


March
We moved to NYC for Bart's work and I got to go to a Martha Stewart book opening party.
(although I didn't get to meet her...)

Isla also turned 6 months! Such a big milestone!


April
In April, we just enjoyed the city and our new locale. It was such an amazing opportunity to live there, close to La and her fam, having the rest of our fam in town occasionally, and lots of celeb sightings.

(the view from the top of our building - that's bart's building across the river too!)

May
Bart's Grandpa passed in May, which was sad, but also a release for him as he had been battling cancer for about a year.

We had a blast hanging out with old friends (visiting NYC sights with Bryan and Dawn, like Coney Island and the Cloisters) and new friends, Dani and Shay, in Battery Park City.



Bart and I also celebrated our 6th year anniversary!

June
June was jam-packed with trips and visits!
The Central Park Zoo and the Bronx Zoo
A trip to Boston and Plymouth
A trip to Connecticut with Mom, Dad, and Price

And Bart's 30th B-day!

July
At the beginning of the month, Isla and I moved back to Utah and the entire family got together for the 4th of July Huntsville celebration. That day is always the most fun!



August
Back in Utah and moved back in to our house, Isla got to roam around our house exploring it and discovering it for the first time since she had learned to crawl!

(Isla hanging out in Rach's room, just loungin')

I got to sew again on my sewing machine and it was so refreshing after a six months break!

September
Isla turned 1!! Bart's family came in town and we were able to spend some good quality time with them.





I also had my first break, albeit a very small one.

October
October was a big month for fun fall activities.

We got family pictures taken and Isla's one year pics as well.
I went to California to visit Bart's family and to go to Disneyland!
Rachel, Todd, and Price joined us on an excursion to the Big Red Barn for pumpkin picking.


November
I turned 27!
And we visited Saint George for Thanksgiving.

December
Isla visited Santa
And we had fun at both Grandma's houses for the Christmas season!


We loved all the fun things we were able to do last year and hope that this year holds the same!

No comments: