Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Break

Okay, I know I'm not in school anymore, but I still deserve a fall break, right? Isla and I went to Southern CA to visit the in-laws and go to Disneyland. We got to hang with Grandma Kim & fam, play with Joce & fam, and even go to my friend Moranda's baby shower! I was supposed to hang out with Mo on Friday but her baby girl decided to come 2 weeks early!!!! Crazy! She had her as I was driving to the airport so unfortunately I didn't get to see her and sweet Violet.
(Look at those chompers! She has 12 teeth now!)
(Helping me eat my french dip sandwich at the airport.)

Last winter I volunteered doing Junior Achievement, (an amazing program for anyone who wants to get involved) and as a bonus, I got a free ticket to Disneyland! So I saved it for fall because I really wanted to go during HalloweenTime. It was SOOO FUN!!! The decorations were so amazing and festive. Isla was so great too, even without naps! She wasn't afraid of anything. We took her on Pirates, Haunted House, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, and Buzz. She kept saying 'Whoa!' and clapping her hands during all of the scary parts. It was hilarious.






(I totally want to replicate these!!)

Yes, that is me at the Captain Eo 3D tribute show. I had no idea they were doing it and I literally freaked when I saw that it was playing. Seriously, it was my favorite part of Disneyland as a kid and I thought I would never see it again. I did have my dad find a bootleg copy when I was a teenager, but it was terrible, barely watchable. This was UH-MAZING. I think Kim was a little taken aback with how excited I was. I was literally giddy. Yah, I like MJ and Disney. Best combination.

So, overall, it was an extremely successful and satisfying trip. The only thing to make it better would have been to have Daddy there with us! We missed you!

2 comments:

Rachel U said...

SO FUN! love doing disney. lets replicate those carmal apples!!!

Dawn said...

I can't get over those molars! She seems so young to have so many teeth. Good thing she has started liking food so she can put those babies to good use.