Sunday, January 10, 2010

How Practical!


Many years back, when my family used to live in CA, my mom had this cute French picture hanging up in our bathroom. I have no idea where she got it, (it was probably a gift) but it was her favorite little picture (above). Well, one day it was gone and my siblings and I swear we had nothing to do with its disappearance. (I don’t think she believes us) Much later, she found only the broken frame in the back of the cabinet in the hallway; no picture in that frame. Our thoughts are that a cleaner or friend knocked it off the wall where it hung above the toilet, the picture must have gotten wet and ruined, which was obviously disposed of, and the broken frame was hidden to get rid of all the evidence. Whatever happened, and whoever did it, are still a relative mystery, but my mom has always been so sad about it.

For Christmas this year, my dad had searched long and hard and finally found the print online somewhere. He had a print of it framed, along with another similar print, to hang in the new house. Needless to say, she was ECSTATIC! I asked my dad for the jpegs so I could put them in my house too. They really are so dang cute.

"The chicken eats the snails" (yes, that really is a chicken eating a snail off of a boy’s nakey bum)

3 comments:

beck said...

those are very cute! love them.

Kim said...

your Dad is so sweet to find those for your Mom again. They are so unique and cute!

Jenna and Jeff said...

I got it in Charleston SC at a flea market.