Friday, September 11, 2009

Small Victories

I love my little sweetheart, but the last few days have been rough due to a combination of things. Here are a few things I'm grateful for at the moment.

1) Modern medicine to help me recover from my c-section - A.K.A. percocet and heavy doses of Ibuprofen

2) Mothers to do my dishes, laundry, and make us food.

3) A nipple shield to help me breastfeed. Sorry if it's TMI, but those who've had children will appreciate the struggle.

4) PediaLax to help Isla 'work it out', if you know what I mean.

5) A swing to keep her happy while I am happy doing other things.

6) Bart, for pretty much doing anything and everything I ask for.

Here's a pic of her doing her classic long leg stretch. (Oh yah, she totally did this in the womb like 85% of the day) Note the onesie my little brother made for her. It's freakin' awesome. Bovine is his 'brand' he and his friends made up. Oh to be 16 again.

10 comments:

Dallas and Krista said...

How is this possible? How was I just sitting here realizing that Isla had certainly come into the world by now! I have missed a whole week of her life! She is precious and I am thrilled that you are all okay. The nipple shield is indeed a gift from heaven and I LOVE YOU ALL DEARLY!

laurel said...

BOVINE! hahaha classic.

laurel said...

ps let me know if you need any nursing help/advice from afar...

The Evers said...

Oh we relate!!!! Good list! Hope you are doing well with he adjustment. I know it can be pretty rough at times! Breastfeeding is nothing to mess around with!

Kim said...

it's a yoga stretch mama :))

Rachel U said...

um excuse me, where is the onesie i made for her? hahaha love the bovine. so so great.

Liz said...

Amen to all those things. Isla's a beauty.

cait said...

amen for nipple shields...saved my life!

Miss Mary said...

Yay!!! She is here!! What a gorgeous baby Meriel! I am so beyond happy for you!! I cried when I read your birth story, I am so grateful that you and Isla are okay! Wishing you so much happiness and smooth transitions! Love you Meems!

Anonymous said...

YAY! Now read "Healthy Sleep Habits" asap!