Monday, June 22, 2009

One purchase down...

Ooo! I am so excited. We got our stroller in the mail today. I got home and there was a big box on the doorstep and now... we have our first real baby item. Sure, I've bought a few little clothing items here and there, but this is the first real purchase we've made thus far. It reminds me how unprepared we still are, but I've got time...right?

So, it's called the UppaBaby Vista and it's pretty much exactly what I wanted.
  • 4 wheels (we were unsure about the stability of those three wheelers out there)
  • a bassinet that comes with it! (with it's own organic lining!)
  • a really big basket area underneath
  • a high axle so you don't kick it with your feet when you walk or jog
  • a baby/toddler (up to 50 lbs!) seat that comes with it that can recline and also be switched to face the other direction.
  • a car seat adaptor for the Graco Snugride we want to get (so that it just hooks right in!)
  • a sun shade, bug shade, and rain shade that come standard
  • the ability to buy a second seater for when you have a second child!!! (this was a big one for me)
  • And the ability to buy a ride-a-long stand for when a third child comes a long!
  • Most important, though expensive, it's still less than a lot of the highend strollers, it comes with more, and has the capability to grow into a doubles (and almost triples) stroller!
I've only heard fabulous things about it, but I'll let you know how I feel about it later when I've gotten a chance to really use it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This stroller is so beautiful that I am crying now.

Miss Mary said...

Yay! Sounds awesome!! So excited to see you on Friday!

Allison said...

I wish they had adult-size versions so someone would pull me around.

:)

Rachel U said...

eggggciting!!

Dallas and Krista said...

Why? Why do they always have to do that to me? Why do they always have to come out with something so much better in such a short time that it makes me hate mine and want yours? Stupid.

Oh by the way, it's a pretty little thing. Will be prettier with a baby girl in it though :)

Sara Parr said...

Hi! I came across your blog in a search for reviews on the Uppa Baby Vista. Would love to know what you think of it now that you've used it! thanks!