Sunday, March 22, 2009

It's a Girl!!!

Can you believe it? Amazing. I was actually surprised it wasn't a boy, although up until that point I hadn't thought it one way or the other. Bart had had a strong feeling just on the way to our appointment, so I don't think he was as surprised by the finding out as much as he was surprised at the instant connection we had with our little waving daughter.

She was so unbelievably cute! Even at 4 months, 16 weeks, it was so reassuring and so wonderful to see 10 cute fingers and 10 cute toes. I couldn't believe how well you could see her spine, her heart, and even her brain in the ultrasound. It is so interesting and totally incredible that we GROW these babies inside us. I mean, what an absolute miracle. Science can teach us exactly how it works and it can increase our appreciation in the exactness and perfection of the process, but still, when I saw that cute little sweetheart waving her little fingers for us, it really was so inspiring and beautiful in a way that only the divine can help us understand.

How precious a blessing we have.

I have two pictures that I scanned, but for some reason the resolution doesn't do them justice. Maybe next time it will work a little better. We also got a 10 min. dvd of our ultrasound! I love that I can watch my little girl jump around over and over again! It was soooo worth the money to find out early.

Congrats to those that thought it was a girl!! Although the voting both on the blog and outside made it come out to almost 50/50, it was exciting to see what everyone thought! Thanks for being so supportive!

And for those who are interested in knowing, we will be naming this cute little sweetheart
Isla

19 comments:

Miller Family said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you guys. This will be such a wonderful journey. And I agree, the ultrasound is the most amazing thing ever. We are so happy for you guys. Keep us all posted!!

Brittany Simmons said...

We couldn't be happier for you guys...and Isla! how adorable! Isla Simmons....has a nice ring to it :)

Liz said...

Congratulations! I knew it was a girl - I don't know why, it just seemed so obvious to me that that's what you were having. We paid for an ultrasound at 16 weeks also, & it was amazing to see William moving around. I'm so excited for you guys, & I love the name.

Miss Mary said...

Hooray! Yay! So happy for you and Bart! And what a beautiful name for your sweet little daughter :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute. Congrats Meriel!

Kim said...

A sweet little girl to melt her Daddy's heart. We are so happy for you guys!! We also love..love...love the name!

Allison said...

So wait, I can call her Isy for short? I love it Meems! Can't wait to meet her!
xoxo

When is she due?

Rachel U said...

so Casablanca of you. dad would be proud.

Sophia said...

Totally one of my favorite names. So very beautiful!! I voted girl!!! I am so excited about your beautiful healthy growing girl. I actually am super interested and want to watch the ultrasound video.. can I come over?
:)

Saric said...

Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to meet your beautiful baby Isla, I LOOOVE that name!!

Emily said...

I voted boy, but a girl is great too! What a cute name, I love it.

Jenna and Jeff said...

Very cute, but I thought for sure you would be naming her Jenna, haha
How do you pronounce Isla?

Avery said...

So cute!! I'm SO happy for you guys! It is an incredible moment to see that first glimpse of your baby... Pretty soon they get so big that you can only see one part of them at a time.. I like when you can see the whole tiny body.. So fun! congrats!

daniel and katie said...

so excited! i knew that was your name i love it! we need to hang out really soon! call me after work!

Dallas and Krista said...

Ahhhhhhh! I am so excited for you. I love everything about this post and absolutely agree with you that science helps us understand but there just HAS to be something divine there. I voted boy, maybe it's because I just can't imagine growing anything else! LOVE YOU!

cait said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys- i'm sure you will make the cutest little things for sweet isla! Darling name.

The Evers said...

Hooray to you! What a cute dad Bart will be to a little girl! I love daddy daughter dates and stuff. She will be so adorable and I LOVE that name! It is so you, unique and beautiful!

Ryan and Christina said...

Beautiful name choice and a girl yahoooo that is so exciting I can just see all the fabrics turning in your mind as you think of cut baby things to create and sew!

Kjerstin said...

Ok, so a little late on the comment but... Congrats! We are SO excited for you guys! You will make the best mommy and daddy! I can't wait to meet little Isla..love the name, btw!