Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My new favorite

Okay, so occasionally I have a show where I am desperate to watch the next episode, season, etc. Like when Bart and I discovered Alias... or when I found the Sex and the City episodes on TBS... or any season of 24 or Grey's Anatomy.

I'd like to add to the list: (drum roll please!)



I absolutely love this show!! It's the story of Henry VIII and is light years better than any A&E made for TV movie. I love the actors in it, especially Henry Cavill who plays Charles Brandon, and the costuming is beautiful. It's true to history and it's fun to watch after reading up on that period. (I read 'The Other Boleyn Girl' and can't wait for the movie to come out.) The second season is about to start too, so I'm very excited!!

** Note ** I found it showing on our Showtime 'preview' channel the other day and apparently it's edited from it's original version. I don't know if it's edited sex scenes out of it or if it's actually an abridged version so I would give a word of caution if you decide to rent the first season just in case it's the former.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Meriel, I love this show too! Henry Cavill has grown up very nicely since the count of monte cristo and I had my hopes the he would be chosen as Edward in the Twilight, but oh well. I am also very excited for the other boleyn girl this weekend!

Bart Frandsen said...

EASY WITH THE BOY TALK GIRLS!!! You're going to get a bad case of the sweats!!!

laurel said...

thanks for the recommendation!

Mel said...

Hey Meriel! Have I ever commented on your blog before? This show is great. Charles Brandon is so smoking hot and I love all the actors in it. It's on demand with comcast right now and I have until Wednesday to watch 6 episodes before they are gone. I have to watch them from there because like you said, they're edited. Looks like I have some late nights ahead of me.

Rachel U said...

I ALREADY HAVE THE SWEATS BART! since when do you comment on blogs by the way? you better watch your back. i might just give you the sweats.

meems- love this show. thanks so much for getting me into it. henry sent me a letter today saying that brandon and i can come to court again. thank goodness. oh how i love my husband brandon. hahaha :)))

Anonymous said...

interesting. I think I have heard about this. good luck with the boutique, is this something new your doing? are you selling things at a boutique?? cool beans. talk to you later. p.s. going to see the Other boyllen girl tomorrow. l look forward to seeing it, since a bunch of my freinds have read it.

the waites said...

dont waste your time with the other bolyn girl... i too read the book. The movie is nothing like the book and it was negative 2 stars for me. looks like we both were throwing showers, your turned out so cute!

Dallas and Krista said...

I saw the non- edited version. D-I-R-T-Y is all I can say. I loved it so much but alas, had to stop due to the pornographic nature- and common now- I'm no prude...