Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Eggciting Eggs

Yesterday, my friend and neighbor, Krystal, came over and we decorated eggs for Easter. There are so many fabulous egg decorating tips from Martha Stewart right now, and I have been wanting to do them all! We decided to make these daffodil eggs and some decoupage eggs. The daffodil eggs took a little longer than expected so I didn't have time to venture to the golden eggs (spray painted) or the egg ribbons to hang as decoration. I think the coolest part about doing these things the Martha way, is that you blow all your eggs out and then dye them using a water/vinegar/food coloring mix. So easy, and you can make any combination of colors you want!




Don't they look sooo cute? Technically, since they are blown out, you can save them to use forever, but I don't want to have to deal with being careful in storing and moving them. I'll just make more next year! The supplies are so cheap!

About a week ago, I did these thread-wrapped eggs, patterned after the ones debuted in this month's Martha. They weren't hard at all and her instructions are self explanatory.


**My tip to copying her creations - Follow her instructions to a tee. Plus, if you have something (an 'ingredient', etc.) that isn't exactly what she says to use but you think it will 'work' - experiment with the knowledge that the result isn't going to look as good because it wasn't done with exactly the same 'ingredients'.

8 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

So cute! You are so talented. I majorly need Easter decor so maybe I will have to try them.

Dallas and Krista said...

wow! You have patience. I am too laxy to just dye them normally! They turned out really cute!

The Evers said...

Those are so cute you dont know how bad I have felt for not being able to make it! They really turned out cute! I would want to leave them up all of the time!

Rachel U said...

hey martha

Anonymous said...

hey~ your eggs in the basket turned out so cute! i love them! it was so fun making them with you. I'm glad I have my one Easter decoration, the egg daphodiles, in my house right now. It makes me happy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Martha

Lance and Becky said...

Meriel! I love the eggs, thank you so much for bringing them by! That was so thoughtful of you! Thank you so much, they are darling! You did a great job!

Lance and Becky said...

P.S. I added you guys to our blog! I love your blog it's so fun and so cute!