
Wow, it is finally here. More than being happy about not being in school anymore (because those carefree days were great, or so I will tell myself in a year or two) I am happy that we are going to be done with the Provo stage of our life. I have lived here for 5 years. I will miss the good cheap restaurants around every corner and the chance to play a dumb freshman to get a discount on my oil change. I will miss the grocery store next door and the friends two steps from our door. I will miss the 7-11 with Raj our favorite Indian restaurateur and our crazy cheap rent. We leave in late August/September (only to north Utah county!), but now that Bart is done it seems like we are already saying goodbye to this stage in our life.

Commencement was so good. Dick Cheney spoke, despite the protesters and supporters duking it out all day in front of the Marriott center. Bart's family was here to celebrate his accomplishment and we had such a great time together! He walked Friday morning at the Provo tabernacle, which was such a beautiful place to have that ceremony. The speakers were inspiring and the mood was elated. We are all so happy for Bart and his accomplishments. He's now going on to work for Zwick Construction, a commercial construction company with a long and reputable history. Our friend Caitlin's brother-in-law, Darrin Zwick, is starting his father's company up again and has offered Bart a spot in the small starting group. We are so excited because we know that with this company Bart will be able to accomplish great things.
Needless to say, we are really happy!
11 comments:
yay! i am happy for my roomies too!! haha! you guys are the best!
Yay for Bart!
What are you guys doing out here... we are so bored... Provo is sooo boring... lol
Meriel,
I am laughing out loud at two things: First, what does "playing a freshman for a discount on my oil change" mean? Second, you know Raj? I talk to him and his brother Mashek (sp?) about every day of my life. In fact a couple of months ago, Mashek was telling me about his new Indian restaurant and asked if I'd be interested running the joint for him! Such a compliment.
By the way, my office window looks over at Sev. (Utahn for 7-11.) Stop by sometime for a visit. From the entrance at 7-11, look directly over your right shoulder and you’ll most likely see my office window. About half of the time someone is sitting on the window sill smoking crack or finishing a Monster and a smoke.
we absolutely love Raj and Mashek. Bart has a good relationship with them since he has visited there too almost everyday of his college life. We love their restaurant, Swagat, over by Shirley's. It's just like Bombay house but half the price. The other thing is, Jiffy Lube charges me 30 or 18 dollars depending on how young and innocent I look. :) I just make sure I actually act how old I look! (16 that is!) Oh, to be a girl!
Congrats Bart! We're excited for you. Hurry up and move out here! Lehi will be much improved with you here. Jackson really misses his favorite Uncle Bart and Aunt Meriel and he especially misses flirting with Meriel!
Congratulations Bart! Graduating is huge! It's so nice to be done! I can't believe I've already been done for 3 years. Everyone told me I would miss it, but I soooo don't :) Congrats, what a great feeling!
So nice to see you at the wedding! We are officially blog-linked, or whatever the word is. Hooray!
Congrats to the Grad!! Jordan was happy when he graduated too, because I had also already finished and never let him study. Now you guys can go to a movie guilt free that Bart has to study!!
Also, Jordan and I go to a restaurant called Swagat in Oregon. I had no idea that there was one here, and if it is the same family that owns it would be awesome. We LOVE indian food. Where is this Swagat? We should go together. AND, where are you guys moving to up north?
Congrats Bart! It is nice to be done for sure, and kind of sad at the same time too. I am sure the next step in life will bring just as many good friends and memories. I think I find it hard to leave a good thing to move on to more of the unknown! I am excited too I guess it is a mixed bag! We are way happy for you guys! We love you both!
Congratulations BARTcha...
Post a Comment