Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Anthro wanna-be

The other day, I saw these bracelets at anthropologie at the register that were so cool. It was just a simple bangle with one letter all over it in different fonts. I was about to grab the M one for myself, when I realized that it was just bits of printed paper decoupaged onto the bracelet! The crafter inside of me jumped because I knew how easy it would be to make something like it myself for WAY cheaper. I immediately went over to Forever 21 (yes, we finally got one!!!) and bought a 3 dollar white plastic bracelet that I could afford to trash, just in case it didn't work out as well as I was picturing it in my head. Later, I got online and downloaded a bunch of cool free fonts and printed out a batch of M's. After cutting them up, I busted out the glossy mod podge and got glueing. Here is what I did. - Sorry the pictures aren't as helpful as I would have wanted. My hands were sticky and I gave up trying to explain to Bart.

1) Cut up your letter in a bunch of different fonts. Print more as necessary.
2) With a brush, layer mod podge, then paper, then another coat of mod podge on top to adhere the letter to the bracelet. This is a cheap craft - so it's okay to experiment.
3) Repeat all over the outside and inside of bracelet and let dry! So simple!


12 comments:

Lance and Becky said...

You go girl! That braclet it great! It's so cute! I can't do anything like that. Major props Merial!

Kathy said...

That is so cute! Thanks!

laurel said...

Cute Meems! You are so crafty!

Anonymous said...

Moranda figured that one out in December.

cait said...

darling!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Meriel, You are a make and taker!! I love mod podge, don't you! I am going to do a mod podge make and take soon and I am going to reference this post. Such a cute bracelet. You are too crafty!

Anonymous said...

that is way cute meriel! And i didnt know we got forever 21 here!!! im totally going soon. where have i been?

Dallas and Krista said...

It turned out cute! Moranda did the same little craft too!

Dallas and Krista said...

Oh apparently Clark already told you that- in case you didn't know- he is Mr. Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Meriel - you are my idol. I totally love going into anthropologie to get cute ideas from them (mostly decorating ideas). But, I hardly ever follow through! I love the bracelet!

Flinders Family said...

That is really cute! I'm really going to try it!