A couple months ago, I made a yoga mat carrying case with this fantastic fabric and a very easy-to-follow pattern. After I finished it I felt so good to have followed a pattern and produced something exactly like the pattern promised! I hate when patterns aren't clear and you end up in a mess of things! (I am a list person, so following any list and creating a finished project is pure bliss for me!) This particular pattern, and the left-over scraps from the project, inspired me to make my own pattern. I wanted to see how difficult it would be to write my own. Well, it was no picnic, but very educational. I wanted to try and make myself a half apron for crafting and sewing because right now, I just always have all my stuff strewn all over the floor, tables, couch, etc. (Oh, to have my own crafting room!!) Anyway, the pattern was kind-of difficult to write because you have to visualize EVERYTHING before you even start, because once you cut the fabric, it's cut and there's no turning back. So I think it worked out pretty well and there was only one unexpected hitch that I tried to hide as well as possible.

Cute bow, huh?

Let me know what you think and I will try to polish up the pattern if anyone is interested.
10 comments:
Darling.
So Cute!! Where did you get the fabric? I love it!!!
The fabric is Amy Butler, it is just fabulous?
Yes! I love it...I have to know where you got it? In Provo?
I am so proud of you. I have yet to even use a real pattern. I sew tons of stuff, but never from a pattern. I think I tried once and it did not come out the same. I love that apron!! I want to see your Yoga mat bag! I would love to make one too.
Who is this? :)
You can get it at the Corn Wagon in Springville or Gardner Village in south SLC.
The Yoga mat case is in a previous post. :)
You know I would be interested if I could do anything creative what so ever! You are amazing and I love the apron! How about I just pay you to make me one... haha
Kell
meems you're amazing... i wish i lived by you to learn from you. i got a sewing machine for christmas, have a craft room, and have yet to sew anything (besides scrapbook pages). keep posting your cute creations, they're so fun to see.
OMG, I want one! Like the whole thing! It reminds me of the aprons that Anthro sells. You should sell your little crafts!
Post a Comment