Tuesday, March 13, 2007

50 Things About Us

As inspired by my friend's post "100 Things About Us" here are 50 things about Bart and I.

1.We are California people, though not the same half.
2.We have lived in 4 states (1 month or longer) and five apartments since we have been married.
3.We have been married for 3 years this May 15th.
4.Bart is 26 and I am 23
5.I have already graduated college and he is done this April.
6.He will actually be using his major for his job (both construction related) whereas I will probably never use Biology at Goldman Sachs.
7.I want at least one girl and so does Bart as long as he gets his boys first.
8.We are first-time homebuyers.
9.Bart likes to draw
10.I like to craft and sew
11.Bart rides motorcycles
12.I like to dance and sing
13.Bart likes really simple flavors in his desserts whereas I love extremely decadent sweets.
14.We usually settle on Cookies and Cream ice cream cones.
15.We are on our fourth generation of friends (all our past friends have moved on to other states).
16.Our everyday friends are mostly our neighbors and my sister Rachel and her boyfriend Shmike.
17.We have one neice between the two of us and we love her to pieces!!
18.We miss New York
19.We miss Hawaii
20.We really miss California, but unfortunately we have resigned ourselves to UT for a while.
21.We are Mac people.
22.I like to decorate (though I am not that great at it) and Bart likes to sell things, hopefully this will help in my philosophy of 'replacing things' instead of 'collecting things'.
23.I love to bake and cook but I am too busy to do either most of the time.
24.Bart likes to eat what I bake and cook and will do the dishes if I promise not to critique the way he does it.
25.I am a reader of plots and story-lines, Bart reads instructional books. We both can't stand the other type.
26.I like to create things but am not very original.
27.Bart likes to draw crazy faces and trees.
28.We both like to eat out way too much!
29.We like to sleep in and watch TV Saturday mornings.
30.We are the epitomy of 'opposites attract'.
31.We are dog people but we aren't allowed to have the conversation of what kind of dog we will eventually get. (I want small and big, he just wants big and a kind I don't like)
32.We were pleasantly surprised when us dog people really wanted the kind of cat our neighbors have.
33.Bart has 2 brothers and I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.
34.We love to travel as much as we can.
35.Bart's idea of a vacation involves a beach and surfing, and though I like that too, my idea of a vacation is just going somewhere I have never been.
36.Bart has been to 4 countries (plus the bahamas), I have been to 9 countries (plus 2 drive throughs).
37.I like to plan things to minute, I get that from my mom, and Bart likes to go with the flow.
38.We believe in compromise and communication for all things.
39.We were set up as the security blanket couple for our friends that wanted to go out when we first started dating.
40.We got married 15 months later in Oakland, CA.
41.We both love video games, especially Guitar Hero, but I refuse to be a Xbox wife so we haven't got that yet.
42.My family loves movies and we qoute all the time.
43.Bart's family is more of an outdoorsy motorcycle-riding fam.
44.We cannot share food, because no matter what I say, I will always eat more than the one or two bites I said I wanted.
45.I always drink his drinks empty.
46.He has learned his lesson and keeps a close eye on his soda's.
47.We are diet coke people.
48.I love Yoga and he secretly likes it too though refuses to do it in public.
49.I like to do mindless tasks just to keep busy, like Sudoku, sewing, or computer games.
50.Bart appreciates the time to relax and tries desperately to make me do the same.

1 comment:

Dallas and Krista said...

I love Sudoku too.... I am a recent convert