Remember how December used to be filled with a zillion work, neighborhood, church, and family parties and your holiday schedule was always super packed? Having kids has doubled that because now there are school performances and dance recitals to fit in there somewhere. It really has become a crazy month. No wonder everyone is always talking about 'simplifying' Christmas, and remembering what it's really about. But seriously, I'd take Isla's performances over a work or church party ANY day. She is such a joy!
Isla got to be Rudolph in her school performance. She enthusiastically sang every song except her own. I think she got a touch of stage fright when they put her up in front of everyone with a bright red nose on. So cute.
Isla had her first ever dance recital a couple weeks ago. She was one of four girls in her class, by far the best, and probably the oldest in her 3/4 year old class. Haha. They danced to Susie Snowflake and my heart was so FULL! I know I talk about 'mommy moments' all the time, but seriously, there are just some moments in a moms life that are the most special and only a mom can really understand. Especially a mom to a little girl. Her first pair of ballet shoes, her first dance recital.
Her first bouquet of flowers.
Seeing her first Nutcracker Ballet.
Definitely NOT her first rodeo with Santa. And technically not Loie's either, but geez, she still really doesn't like Santa. She had the grip of death on me and there was no way I was going to be able to set her down and bolt. Not happening. Can we also get it out there that this Santa is super ghetto? I mean, seriously Santa, I'm not paying to take a pic of you in your pjs!
Anywayz. It was a busier than normal December but I still really loved being able to have so many amazing 'firsts' with the girls. They are so adorable and we have such special moments with them during the holidays.



1 comment:
I totally get what you mean about 'mommy moments'... It feels like your heart might explode! Such sweet girls you have.
Post a Comment