This past month we've been focusing on trying to get back to a regular schedule for all of us. Isla's back in school and dance, Loie's having playdates with friends, and we're trying to get outside more while the weather is 'nice'. Bart's back to work and I'm trying to be NOT lazy. Haha, vacation brings out the worst in me, right? I've been watching lots of shows, doing lots of puzzles (on the iPad), and hanging out with the kids. Now it's time to get back into my church calling, really work on Isla's reading, maybe read a little myself, and maybe blog a few times. Also, ever since we started the basement and had to move all my craft stuff all over the house, I haven't had any desire to craft at all and it's kind of bumming me out… a little. I guess it's nice to cut that out sometimes and simplify, I'm just used to January being when I get the bug. Oh well, maybe later.
Well, here's the highlights of the year!
JANUARY
After vacationing in Orange County for the holidays, we spent the rest of the month visiting AZ, getting Loie's tube surgery to stop her ear infections, making an igloo, and just hanging out.
FEBRUARY, MARCH, APRIL
We had fun doing normal winter activities, took Isla skiing for her first time, (and our first time in years!) I finished sewing projects, and the weather miraculously got nice very early in March! Easter passed and the weather only got nicer. We had lots of outings to our park, the Thanksgiving Point gardens, dinosaur museum, and the farm. I completed my first 10k, and the girls had a blast spending springtime days at my parents.
MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST
We showered Andrea and her baby girl, Isla graduated from her first year of preschool, and we enjoyed lots of spring outings to fairs, splash pads, and huntsville. Our spring and summer were glorious in 2013! Sometimes we get jipped, but not last year. We had such a fun time going to the farm, up the canyon, and playing with our neighborhood friends. Andrea had her baby girl, Macy, and we had fun when all the family came up to Utah to visit her. My cousin got married, we had more outdoor water fun, and I completed my first half marathon!!!
SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER
These fall months were absolutely jam packed, all starting with Isla back at school, dance, and her 4th birthday! She is our princess and we love her so much. We gave away the shark Bart had built in June, I was deep into assembly of the golf tee mural that was commissioned back in the spring. My grandpa Holt died which brought the family together a few weeks before we all came together again for my dad's huge surprise 55th bday celebration! Bart went to Brazil so he missed out on the fair, my dad's Casablanca party, pumpkin picking, etc. We missed him so much during the fun Halloween festivities. Both girls were princesses as well as baby Macy who came to trick or treat with us. Loie turned 2 and we had a nice little bday get together with my parents to celebrate with pie and pumpkin carving. October ended with my completion and installation of the golf tee mosaic!! What an accomplishment.
NOVEMBER, DECEMBER
I turned the big 3-0 at the beginning of November and my friends all made it a very special day since both my husband and family were out of town. Bart came home the day before Thanksgiving and we had such a great holiday weekend with him home and his dad in town to visit. I went to SF on a girls trip with my mom and sisters. It was a lot of shopping, yummy food, and I even got to squeeze in a date with Allie! Isla had performance after performance for school and dance. She had her first dance recital and I was so proud! Christmas was lovely, with a cheesy Santa visit and Isla's first time seeing the Nutcracker! Christmas itself was so nice and chill up in Huntsville with my parents. We even got to FaceTime with Price and later that week we got to spend time with Laurel and her family!
2013 was such a great year!!





1 comment:
173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室 , 173视频聊天室
Post a Comment