About a week after Bart got home my mom, sisters, and I took a trip out to San Fran to visit Laurel and the fam in their new house and do some serious shopping in the city. It was suuuuccchhh a good break for me, I cannot stress enough how badly I needed some alone time, girl time, city time, and retail therapy. Geez.
Immediately after we got into CA, we went to Danville to check out Laurel's new place and get lunch at both Brass Bear (for me) and Dominicos for my mom and sisters. Sooo good. Also, I seriously love Danville because you always see everyone you know everywhere! We saw an old neighbor at Brass Bear and a church friend at Dominicos. I love it there.
The first night I got to go into the city a little early to meet up with a bestie, Allie Berding. She knows how to show you a good time and take care of you. That lady got me a cab from her phone while I was stranded on Market coming out of B.A.R.T. and ready to cry because I was so turned around and couldn't get a cab for the life of me. Saved me when I was almost in tears. Then we had a fabulously authentic italian dinner and matching conversation. Always lovely to see her.
Friday was awesome. Did I say there was lots of shopping? And Rach and I can't go to SF without getting a massive loaf of sourdough and diet cokes for 'lunch'. (Excuse the lazy eye business…)
After struggling to find a good restaurant we LUCKED out finding this gem of a place. The Wayfare Tavern and their signature fried chicken. Ahhhhhhh die, roll over and kill me it was so good. I don't know how I can be more dramatic about how delicious it ended up being.
Saturday we went back to Danville before we got on the plane and played with the kids a bit. Don't worry, Rach and I didn't plan on being twinsies.
twister with Ave and Ashton. Those kids are so awesome.
Me and my mom. Thanks for an amazing trip!!!
1 comment:
Loved seeing you Meems! We need more girlie nights out in 2014!
Post a Comment