Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Isla!

I know I'm about 9 days late in posting this, but I've been running a little behind with this kind of stuff.  Expect a few more posts catching up over the next day or so. 



Isla turned 4 this year!  How exciting that she is getting so big and is officially a toddler no more.  I love that little girl with all my heart.  She is the most sensitive, adorable, loving, little girl ever and I am in love with her.  

Isla with her birthday crown after school. She loved being the special helper and bringing treats.

Grandma Kim came into town for baby Macy's baby blessing which happened to be the same weekend as Isla's bday, so we got to celebrate with her!  She requested chocolate cake as her bday cake and cookies, although didn't have those until her party on tuesday.

Andrea, Kim, and I took her to get her nails done for the very first time on saturday.  She was sooo good, I mean, like a pro.  She sat so patient the entire time, even when she had to sit while they dried.  Everyone in the salon was very impressed.


What kid doesn't like opening presents?

Let's be honest, the $6 umbrella was by far her favorite present.  Thanks Brad and Andrea!


On Tuesday, we had a fun dress up party with her neighborhood friends.  It turned into quite a big ordeal although there was little preparation involved.  But any party with ~15 kids under the age of 5 is going to end up as a big party.  They decorated their cupcakes, made candy necklaces, and had an obstacle course with prizes.  Two of our older neighbor girls, the two Ellie's, were my helpers during the party.  It turned out to be such a success!  Bart got us all pizza and my mom and dad were there, and even my bestie Sophie came with Eden!! She was only in town for a week and took the time to come.  It was a surprise and a joy to see them. 

The invite.

 



Needless to say, Loie loves anything dress up. 


The decor 

I love my sweetie and can't believe how big she is getting!!!

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

Happy birthday Isla! She is just so cute, and you look so great too Meems! Miss you! I love the party you threw--what a fun idea to have a dress-up party! :)