Two weeks ago today, my Grandpa Holt died of a heart attack during surgery for a pacemaker. It's been a bittersweet couple of weeks because we will all miss him dearly but we know his life is infinitely better now that he is with Heavenly Father. For the past five or so years he has suffered from dementia and for even longer he had diabetes. I've been lucky enough to live close and see him relatively often during the year. This summer our visit's to Grandma's house have been especially frequent because of baby and wedding showers, family in town, and other events and holidays. I feel really blessed to have been able to see him a lot this past summer and in a way be able to say goodbye.
The funeral was lovely and very upbeat. My grandpa was a very funny guy who spent his life making others laugh. So his funeral reflected that humor. Each of his eight children talked and all had such beautiful (and hilarious) memories of him, some things I did know about him and others I didn't know. There was even a moment where all his high school friends stood up that was really touching. I didn't even know that he had had such a strong group of friends, 'the gang', so I learned a lot about him that day that makes me really grateful that I was able to be there.
My dad and his siblings.
Isla and her favorite person ever. My cousin Griffin who was a saint and entertained his little shadow the whole weekend.
The OG fam minus Price.



No comments:
Post a Comment