Monday, January 28, 2013

The haps

Well, January has been panning out to be a nice chill month.  We were sick for the first half, but it was just colds, fevers, sinus infections, and nothing too bad; all handled nicely with amox.  I've become a real pro at that kind of sick.  The sick I fear is the vomit... I pray we don't have to deal with the flu that often this year.  This past week has been sickness free and pretty lovely.  Winter is so different when you can actually play with other kids and get out of the house because everyone is feeling well enough to do so.  Let's hope it lasts!!

Channeling our inner vampire.  Loie thought we were HILARIOUS.


Loie got tubes in her ears a week and a half ago and it has been so much better already.  She just seems happier.  I'm so glad we got it done.  I have a feeling colds and flus won't make as much of an impact now because of this procedure.  She went to the doctor today for her 15 month check-up.  She's doing great, no problems at all, still itty-bitty.

weight: 18lbs 1oz  (1%)
length: 29.1inches (13%)
head: 46.3cm (60%)

Onesie Love

So, I've finally gotten around to finishing up a quilt I started last summer.  I had a lot of scrap fabric from making baby bedding for my friend Katie last year, and then my mom gave me some more of the same fabric in the summer, so I just decided to make another quilt with it.  I had to buy a little bit more fabric to fill it all in, but I really like it and can't wait for it to get quilted and bound and finished completely so I can cuddle with it on the couch.


Bart got me an hour massage at Massage Envy and I got around to using it last week and it was amazing.  Why don't I get them more often? Why do they have to be so darn expensive?  It was glorious and I dream for the time I can get it done again.


So that's the haps. Nothing major in the month of Jan, but I'm fine with that.  It's a nice way to start out the winter.

1 comment:

Miss Mary said...

I love the Onesie Love!! SO amazing, I will have to get one of those one day. And Meems, your quilting skills are unreal--looks just gorgeous!! ANd so happy you got a massage. Ahhhh, I love massage. I used to get one at Massage Envy once a month as part of the blood clot recovery plan, and it was such an amazing year and a half. I was so spoiled! And now I haven't been in so long. It would be so nice to get back to that, but yeah, it is so expensive!