Tuesday, January 15, 2013

AZ

Last weekend Bart and I got to take a little trip down to Arizona just the two of us while my mom watched the girls. It was such a good little get-a-way from the literally freezing cold weather here.  On the way down we were being chased by the biggest storm of this winter, the storm named Gandalf, and it took us 7 hours to get to Vegas.  Yikes.  We stayed the night and then continued on the next day to AZ where we stayed at the Tanner's house for the weekend.



Krista's home is just the nicest, most homey, comfortable, and welcoming house.  I've only stayed there twice but when I do, it is always such a pleasure.

The whole reason for going down there was because Bart got to flag the Phoenix Supercross Race.  It is always something he loves to do, so when my mom said she could watch the kids, we booked it in the opposite direction.



I mostly just followed Krista around while she ran her errands, but we also got to go out on a little date to sushi and a movie (Zero Dark Thirty - amazing!).


Of course, the trip went by in a flash and it felt like we were leaving as soon as we got there.  On the way back we stopped at the Hoover Dam to check out the new bridge and take some pics.  Most of these are Bart's - he is really proud of them... ;)




It's always nice to get away just the two of us.


No comments: