Saturday, July 28, 2012

nine!


Little Loïe is nine months old. I am just loving every month she gets older and happier.  She's coming along in a lot of aspects and I am so happy to see her grow up into an adorable little girl.

She learned how to clap her hands, although she doesn't do it often.

She has started to crawl! But it's mostly just pulling with her little fists and pushing with her feet.  She doesn't show any desire to get up on her knees so it makes her look like a turtle when she moves along the floor, always staying on her tummy.


She's getting her top two teeth in. I can see them trying to poke through, but they are taking their sweet painful time doing it and I am sick of waiting.

She's started sleeping ~10 hours a night straight, then back to bed after feeding for another 2ish hours.  It's sooo nice! I would really like to just get to the final 12 hours, not for selfish reasons I assure you, but because it's difficult for her to be in the same room as Isla when she's still waking up.  Thus far, the sharing a room thing has been difficult. Yikes.

She has developed some serious separation anxiety with me. I'm not a fan.  If I'm in the room, she only wants me.  If she's crying, I am the only one that can console her.  Now that Bart is home (yay!) it's helping a little, but we've got to work on it a lot before she gets more comfortable with others.

She eats ravenously.  I mean she eats as though she were a wild animal attacking her one and only mean of the winter and her life depends upon eating as much as possible.  It's CRAZY. She can down 4 3.5 oz babyfoods in a day and about a half a tube of puffs easily. Let's not forget that I am still nursing as much as ever too. She makes the funniest noises while she eats too. Its adorable and a little weird, because it really does make her sound like an animal.  This genius invention here is what has saved my life. It's the Boon Squirt spoon and you basically fill up the green part, squeeze, and it dispenses right onto the spoon head.  Uh-mazing and the only way I can eat my own food and feed her at the same time, because heaven forbid she has to wait to eat until I'm done eating! I'm officially ambidextrous.
Cutest moment this month? Definitely when we met Bart at the airport and she was beyond happy and excited to see him. It made both of us so happy that she knew and recognized him and, more importantly, wanted to go to him and loves being in his arms.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is SO darling! That picture is just gorgeous... not surprising. And are you kidding me? Fara has NEVER in her life slept 12 hours straight... that would be a dream. We're lucky if we get a straight 9 out of her; I swear the child does not require sleep! Does Isla still sleep that long? Am I missing out on some amazing secret??

Sophia said...

She is so adorable!! and I totally need that spoon.