Well, after 3 long months, Bart is finally back from India. After a 22 hour long flight, we picked him up at the airport last Thursday and enjoyed a nice long weekend with him before he had to go back to work again on Monday. I think both Bart and I were a little nervous that the girls were going to be shy around him after not seeing him for 3 months, but our 'best case scenario' happened with Isla yelling, "daddy!" and running to him first thing and Loie practically jumping out of my arms for him to hold her. It was the sweetest reunion and we both felt an immediate sense of relief that the wait was over and everything could go back to normal.
On the way into the airport to pick him up, I was shaking from all the adrenalin pumping through me. It was a little weird feeling and it gave me a headache later, but I was sooooo excited for that day to come that I can understand why it was more than just a few butterflies.
Daddy and the girls. We have got to teach them how to look at the camera!
Bart had a layover in Paris where he got me some YUMMY treats. LOVE HIM!!!! The strawberry/poppy flavor was unreal.
I'm so grateful that he got back safe and sound and that both the girls were so happy to see him. Life can go back to normal.
We love our daddy!
1 comment:
Yipppee! Welcome home, Bart! So exciting--what a happy reunion!
Post a Comment